Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2006, 06:55 PM

Default 40/80 KK hand

same game as the post from before.. weak passive for the most part.

utg limps, EP limps, i raise KK from the hijack, button calls, bb calls, both utg and EP call.

flop 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check check, i bet, button folds, bb calls, utg calls, ep folds.

turn 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

utg leads? EP folds, i raise, bb folds, utg 3-bets [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] i call.

river 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

utg bets, i call.

after the hand my friend justin who plays there regularly said utg's hand was pretty obvious to him, and now it is to me as well, but do i lose huge value for slowing down on this hand against a loose passive yet aggressive at times... hes not the typical passive player.. hes passive preflop and gets kinda aggressive post flop.. basically limping in with a lot of speculative hands in spots he definitly should be raising.. etc.

i'm pretty frusterated with this hand and i'm wondering what you all think of it.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:03 PM

Default Re: 40/80 KK hand

stop including results...

im actually ok with calling the turn 3bet because you have outs against his most likely two pair hands...but on the river you really don't beat anything that he was willing to go 3bets on the turn with...from his play it seems that the turn improved his hand so 76/66/45 seem his most likely hands...the pot is large but i don't see you being ahead here ever, unless you have a very specific read that he will play/bet 32 this way (pretty awful)...
Old 10-06-2006, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

results in white:
<font color="white"> villain shows 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a solid straight flush lol</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

That looked pretty funny.

EDIT: Also, the turn call is fine (you have outs vs. 76s, which is a likely holding), but I would fold the river.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

results in white:
<font color="white"> villain shows 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for a solid straight flush lol</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

That looked pretty funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah i deleted it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im actually ok with calling the turn 3bet because you have outs against his most likely two pair hands...but on the river you really don't beat anything that he was willing to go 3bets on the turn with...from his play it seems that the turn improved his hand so 76/66/45 seem his most likely hands...the pot is large but i don't see you being ahead here ever, unless you have a very specific read that he will play/bet 32 this way (pretty awful)...

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought about folding the river actually but the pot is huge and that probably crowded my thinking in that basically i am never good here with my hand.

villain actually had not been playing that many hands so 45s ran through my mind but it was more of a "gee would he really limp w/ this here?"
Old 10-06-2006, 10:53 PM

I pay this off because people can be retarded with overpairs they think are good. But I don't think the hand he had is "obvious" at all, I'd put him on a set or 88-JJ. This hand is more boring than the other two IMO, this happens to me a few times a session, don't worry about it.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-06-2006, 11:14 PM

This hand doesn't look all that bad to me. Pf and the flop are obviously quite standard.
UTG leading the turn is a bit odd, but I like the raise - you charge him if he's semibluffing your possible overs and you knock out the BB (who may have folded anyway, granted).

I can't imagine doing anything but calling the river, as it looks like a flush semi-bluff just got there. and he could possbibly already have a nonsense straight. But he doesn't always beat you here, does he?
Old 10-07-2006, 01:02 AM

Why should we be worried about anything that happens to you?

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2006, 01:06 AM

Weak passives play pretty straightforwardedly, especially out of position. That means if they donk the turn, the turn card helped them. (That often holds up if they continue to bet when a scare card comes on the river.) I'd likely have just called and then made a crying, bad call on the river.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I pay this off because people can be retarded with overpairs they think are good. But I don't think the hand he had is "obvious" at all, I'd put him on a set or 88-JJ. This hand is more boring than the other two IMO, this happens to me a few times a session, don't worry about it.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought that, and i think that theres a very reasonable case for folding the river. i think i played it well up until the river, but i seriously cant beat anything but an overpair at this point, and any FD got there.