Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2006, 08:35 PM

Default AA Hand History, and questions about AA...

<font color="blue"> As of right now, in the last 17 times i've been dealt AA, i am, on average, losing with it.
Here are the hands where i could use any input. </font>

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $9.15
VorShot: $12.30
MP1: $12.65
MP2: $1.45
MP3: $9.75
CO: $2.80
Button: $11.70
SB: $3.40
BB: $8.05

Pre-flop: (9 players) VorShot is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">VorShot raises to $0.5</font>, 3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($2, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">VorShot bets $1</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $2</font>, VorShot calls $1 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $5)</font>.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $3</font>, VorShot calls $3 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $9)</font>.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($12, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB is all-in $2.55</font>, VorShot calls $2.55 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $14.55)</font>.

Results (highlight to see):
Final pot: $17.1
<font color="#ffffff">BB showed 3s 3h</font>
<font color="#ffffff">VorShot mucks Ac As</font>

Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
VorShot: $10
UTG+1: $9.25
CO: $8
Button: $6.35
SB: $7
BB: $4

Pre-flop: (6 players) VorShot is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot raises to $0.4</font>, UTG+1 calls, 4 folds.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.95, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $4.05</font>, VorShot calls $3.05 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was $6)</font>.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($9.05, 2 players)
VorShot checks, UTG+1 checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($9.05, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot is all-in $5.55</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 calls all-in $4.8</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.75 returned to VorShot.

Results: (highlight to see)
Final pot: $18.65
<font color="#ffffff">VorShot showed Ac As</font>
<font color="#ffffff">UTG+1 showed Jc Qs</font>

Full Tilt Poker
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
VorShot: $10
UTG+1: $9.90
CO: $5.35
Button: $4.15
SB: $4.30
BB: $9.10

Pre-flop: (6 players) VorShot is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">VorShot raises to $0.4</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($1.3, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">VorShot bets $1</font>, UTG+1 folds, SB calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.3, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">VorShot bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in $2.9</font>.
Uncalled bets: $0.1 returned to VorShot.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($9.1, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $9.1)

Results: (highlight to see)
Final pot: $9.1
<font color="#ffffff">VorShot showed Ad Ac</font>
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed 8c 6c</font>
Old 10-11-2006, 08:40 PM

Default Re: AA Hand History, and questions about AA...

dont know about the first one,
hand 2 reraise all in on flop
hand 3 you're fine, just a bad beat
Old 10-11-2006, 08:49 PM

also, i don't suggest putting in the results. you'll probably get more feedback as people in these forums don't like seeing results [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2006, 09:01 PM

You want to raise very aggressively PF to get small PP's to fold. If they don't, your going to win most of the time with your A's. If there is a PFR, re-raise. Try and get all of your chips in the pot PF w/AA.

Also, you do NOT want to go into the flop w/4 players. With more players, someone is more likely to catch the flop and hit 2 pair, a set, str8, etc...

I like AA heads up if possible, 2 others for a total of 3 max. When you in the micro limits, you'll get called a lot even w/10xbb PFR. Donks will call w/AJo, KJo, QJo, TT, 99, etc...

Take their money...
Old 10-11-2006, 09:57 PM

Hand 1: Pot the flop. As played, I don't see a fold.

Hand 2: Push over the flop raise.

Hand 3: I like a bigger flop bet, but otherwise it's fine.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:47 PM

Hand 1: Not much you can do. Put a note on the guy and move on. I'd also bet more on flop.

Hand 2: 3-bet ai. He'll be getting 3-1 odds. If he thought his hand was good enough to bet half his stack, he'll call with the other half.

Hand 3: Bad beat, nh.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:55 PM

2 out of 3 of those are just bad luck. You were against bad players who sucked out.

the first hand is a little more troublesome. at the micros... the minraise is often the sign of a monster. If the player's not a complete idiot... you have to consider he's saying he's not afraid of an overpair.

the last one... your opponent played it weird... he should have had his money on the flop when his odds were best. He was pretty much even money with you on the flop.

the second one... your opponent was an idiot.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Not much you can do. Put a note on the guy and move on. I'd also bet more on flop.

Hand 2: 3-bet ai. He'll be getting 3-1 odds. If he thought his hand was good enough to bet half his stack, he'll call with the other half.

Hand 3: Bad beat, nh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-11-2006, 11:37 PM

Hand 1: I like betting more on this flop. As played (probably even otherwise) push to the raise. The opponent is too short to be messing around any more.

Hand 2: Again, too short to be messing around. Push the flop. The only reason why you might not push the flop is because you are planning to stop-n-go the turn. Which you didn't.

Hand 3: Full pot on the flop. The more opponents you have, the more important it is to not bet too little. As played the rest of the hand is fine.

You probably will get a lot of "bad beat, nh" type responses, and you may feel that way yourself. Don't believe it. Overall I think you play AA too passively especially when out of position and facing resistance against short stacks. I suspect that you actually overvalue AA in these spots (by feeling something like "I have AA, I deserve to win"). Get more aggressive.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:29 AM

First off, you are playing AA way too softly. You should be 3betting the flop in Hands 1 and 2. Hand1 he has a set...oh well, it happens. Hand2, villain played like a complete donk and got a lucky turn card, but we could have played better on the flop as well (and bet this turn, too). Hand 3 is fine. Bad river.