Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2006, 08:37 AM

Default Specific Questions about new anti internet gambling bill

I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to these question related to how the new bill will affect individuals.

I am sure some of these are pretty newb questions. I have spent some time looking on this site and doing other searches and I haven't gotten any great answers yet.

1. If I'm a resident of the US with a US bank account tied to neteller, but I'm on vacation in Canada can I play on Party in Canada? Would I have to change my address on file or would Party automatically recognize that I'm not in the US and allow access? (This applies to Party and any other sites that won't take US customers).

2. What if you are a US citizen with neteller associated with a US bank account and you reside overseas. Would you be allowed to play on Party (or other site that will similarly refuse US customers)?

3. Is there any way for someone playing online poker or making a bet at an online book to end up in jail. As I understand it, the law makes it illegal for the credit card companies, etc to deal with the sites, but doesn't make it illegal for the actual bettor? Is this correct?

4. Why are sites like party refusing US customers? What can the US government do to them anyway?

5. How can the sites tell that you are a US customer anyway? I am assuming that someone can or has set up some sort of proxy system that would make it appear that you are not actually in the US.

Thanks in advance for your replies. Once again I apoligize if these are super newb questions.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:45 AM

Default Re: Specific Questions about new anti internet gambling bill

If only there were a forum specifically for legislation discussion. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]