Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2006, 07:06 AM

Default hollywood park pwnage

If you saw me tonight, I was wearing a blue button up bowling type shirt with jeans, I have a buzzed head, goatee and weigh bout 220.

Beat: Saw online poker got the shaft today hard, so started drinking round 5. Decided to finally go to hollywood park even though I don't have an ID. (I'm 19).

Brag: No ID check for side entrance. yay!

Beat: I only have 200 bucks on me, so I decide to stay at 2/4 and buy in for 100 at the beginning. My friends only play "real poker, where you can bluff opponents" and sit at the 2/3 100nl table.

Brag: I pwn 2/4 for like 5 bbs in about 4 hands. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I decide after reading all the stuff about "if you are able to beat online 1/2 you can play 9/18" so I decide to take my $120, buy $80 more in chips and sit at the 4/8 game, cause I'm still too much of a pussy to play the 6/12. (and didn't have enough money.)

Beat: One friend gets stacked on something like this board at the nl table:

Him: K K
Opponent 8s Ts

3 bets pf for like 60 maybe? flop has two spades and an 8, friend pushes, gets called and owned by the third river spade.

Brag: I absolutely ravage the 4/8 table. There is a woman sitting two to my left in a leather jacket, medium length black hair. Apparently she is a regular at the nl tables, was f'in around at limit maybe? She is the only player who knows pretty much anything. I value bet middle pair 9s and win teh moneys, my flushes come through, people check and give me open enders or flush draws that I bet and hit, etc. Everything went right. Sat with 200, left with 470.
Whoo hoo! I run the table over and leave.

Brag: Hollywood Park is 14 minutes from my school [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].