Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Is it OK to rejoice over someone\'s death?

Something I've noticed in threads about the demise of well known people. In this thread it is claimed that Osama bin Laden has sadly passed away following an illness. Posters including guids, thesaltcracka, and dinopoker are rejoicing at this news and wanting to "piss on his grave", etc. I find this pretty sickening.

I realise that this is the internet and that Mr bin Laden is a political figure who is unpopular in the US where this forum is based. However I think there should be some respect for the dead, and that it is inappropriate that people express their glee over the tragic death of a family man.

Are posts of this type acceptable on the 2+2 forums?
Old 09-23-2006, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Is it OK to rejoice over someone\'s death?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is acceptable. You're talking about a guy who is responsible for the deaths of thousands of people.

Are you related to him or something? Your nittiness astounds me.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I realise that this is the internet and that Mr bin Laden is a political figure who is unpopular in the US where this forum is based.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a little bit of an understatement. I don't want to get into a political arguement but this guy is responsible for thousands of American's losing their lives. So yes people would be happy to learn of his alleged demise.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:32 PM

Calling OBL a family man is like calling Charles Manson a humanitarian.

Some people really are worthless and don't deserve respect in life or death. If solid proof of his passing is ever given, I will rejoice with a great many others, I would imagine.

Bin Laden isn't "a political figure" who's just unpopular in the US. The only people who support him are filthy terrorists and they don't deserve respect. Are you serious in this post or are you just being retarded and trying to get a reaction?

EDIT: Rereading your post, you even say "sadly" passed away? You're obviously being a stupid troll. Mods should go ahead and delete this thread, it has zero value whatsoever.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:44 PM

I'm not here to discuss Mr bin Laden's politics or his value to humanity, that would go in the politics forum.

Even supposing it is OK to rejoice because bin Laden is a "filthy terrorist" and "responsible for the deaths of thousands of people" -- let's say 10 US marines were killed in an ambush in Iraq, would it be acceptable to post about defiling their graves? How about in the event of the untimely demise of George W Bush? General George Casey? OJ Simpson? Queen Elizabeth II? Robert Mugabe? Jon Venables and Robert Thompson? Where do you draw the line?
Old 09-23-2006, 04:50 PM

RoundTower,

After reading your well thought-out posts, I see the light now. That would be really, really sad if something bad happened to OBL. Gives me the sniffles just thinking about it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not here to discuss Mr bin Laden's politics or his value to humanity, that would go in the politics forum.

Even supposing it is OK to rejoice because bin Laden is a "filthy terrorist" and "responsible for the deaths of thousands of people" -- let's say 10 US marines were killed in an ambush in Iraq, would it be acceptable to post about defiling their graves? How about in the event of the untimely demise of George W Bush? General George Casey? OJ Simpson? Queen Elizabeth II? Robert Mugabe? Jon Venables and Robert Thompson? Where do you draw the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Name 1 positive thing OBL ever did for this world. Those 10 marines would have been doing their jobs, like it or not, to protect the freedoms and well-being of the American people and many more worldwide. Love or hate George Bush, since the only thing people really ever complain about is the war, its not like he hasn't done anything good for our country either. See my point?

You were here to make a stupid post to get a reaction. If you really are that dense to wonder why people would celebrate the death of the current face of Islamic terrorism (and the one responsible for the death of thousands on 9/11 and elsewhere), then I feel sorry for you. I didn't know it was possible for people to be that completely ignorant of the world.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:01 PM

RT,

yes it is ok
Old 09-23-2006, 05:05 PM

So, RoundTower, if OBL had put 6 million jews into concentration camps and orchestrated genocide, you still would feel upset if those types of comments were made? Or is there a line somewhere between thousands and millions under which we should have respect for the dead, and over which its ok to revile an individual's lack of humanity and rejoice in their passing?

PS even making this thread says a lot about your intelligence.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:06 PM

Troll