Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2006, 01:47 PM

Default NL$50 6max: AJ gets reraised, flops straightdraw

Villain seemed pretty ok (29/12/3 over 80 hands), reraised my PFR a few hands, no idea with what range he reraises.

How do you like my bet on the flop? I figured he would bet a lot when I checked so I might as well see if I can get him to fold.
I should just call his raise and fold to any aggression if I don't improve, right?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($18.32)
BB ($53.37)
UTG ($44.89)
PietM ($49)
Button ($92.34)

Preflop: PietM is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">PietM raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4.5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, PietM calls $2.50.

Flop: ($9.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">PietM bets $7</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $14</font>, PietM ??
Old 09-28-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Re: NL$50 6max: AJ gets reraised, flops straightdraw

Dont call a re-raise OOP with AJo. You beat nothing and are dominated alot of the time.

Just dump it.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont call a re-raise OOP with AJo. You beat nothing and are dominated alot of the time.

Just dump it.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a fold, getting 3:1? Is it standard to fold to min-reraises OOP?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just dump it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With AJo? yes
Old 09-28-2006, 02:45 PM

As played, I would c/c the flop. leading into this board is asking to get raised.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Just dump it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Who cares about odds when you have a marginal hand and you are OOP? Sure you are getting nice odds now but it shouldn't matter because most of the money will go in after the flop. I'd fold here most of the time. If the villain is re-raising lots of my raises, I may call sometimes with weak holding just to show him that I'm not going away all the time.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:53 PM

Because its a min raise, I call the reraise preflop but proceed with extra caution. You're really hoping to flop trips, 2 pair or straight (draw).

On the flop, bet was terrible. Hardly will a reraiser ever fold - which is what you're hoping for with this draw (its a semibluff, you're not ahead). Even if he just calls, you'd have to check if you miss the turn - which is when he can take the hand away from you. If he makes a normal raise, you can't continue.

As played, very fortunate he min raised you, call and try to spike good.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:57 PM

Horrible advice. If I threw an extra promotional $200 in the pot are you folding because you were reraised OOP with AJo?

Odds favour a call PRECISELY because most of the money go in AFTER the flop. Without 2 pair+ or a good draw, you could easily let this one go, all the while you stand to stack say KK.

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares about odds when you have a marginal hand and you are OOP? Sure you are getting nice odds now but it shouldn't matter because most of the money will go in after the flop. I'd fold here most of the time. If the villain is re-raising lots of my raises, I may call sometimes with weak holding just to show him that I'm not going away all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-28-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because its a min raise, I call the reraise preflop but proceed with extra caution. You're really hoping to flop trips, 2 pair or straight (draw).

On the flop, bet was terrible. Hardly will a reraiser ever fold - which is what you're hoping for with this draw (its a semibluff, you're not ahead). Even if he just calls, you'd have to check if you miss the turn - which is when he can take the hand away from you. If he makes a normal raise, you can't continue.

As played, very fortunate he min raised you, call and try to spike good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but your last two posts are just plain wrong.

1. Its not a min raise that would be making it $3.50.

2. Odds of flopping two pair 49 to 1 (He has to call $2.50 more preflop)

3. Odds of flopping trips is 73 to 1

4. Odds of flopping a straight draw with AJ? Well its either going to be a 4 card straight that is obvoius as hell or an inside straight draw that you wont beable to draw.

You're basically saying call here and hope to get lucky in the short term.

Oh and good luck stacking KK with AJ, unless you catch a KQT flop.
Old 09-28-2006, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Horrible advice. If I threw an extra promotional $200 in the pot are you folding because you were reraised OOP with AJo?

Odds favour a call PRECISELY because most of the money go in AFTER the flop. Without 2 pair+ or a good draw, you could easily let this one go, all the while you stand to stack say KK.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are looking to flop 2 pair, you could play any two. Though if you have 86, for example, and you flop two pair you probably have better chance to stack villain who is holding KK. In addition I haven't really got any idea how I can flop a good draw with AJo?