Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2006, 09:43 PM

Default How dumb the democratic politicians think you are...

It is amazing to see the democrats attempt to re-write history. Even more amazing is how quickly their fans forget that these same politicians who claim that "Bush lied" were making the same claims he did just a couple of years ago. Equally so is to watch their partisan pundits cover do their bidding for them.

They refuse to acknowledge that former President Clinton actually created the policy for regime change in Iraq. "Today I am signing into law H.R. 4655, the "Iraq Liberation Act of 1998." This Act makes clear that it is the sense of the Congress that the United States should support those elements of the Iraqi opposition that advocate a very different future for Iraq than the bitter reality of internal repression and external aggression that the current regime in Baghdad now offers". Just a small piece of the signing statement by former President Clinton.

The democrats criticize the decision to go to Iraq when the majority of them voted in favor of it. They say that the President lied, when the intelligence agencies of several other countries reported the same findings. Not to mention alot of them saw the same intelligence reports and made the same charges about WMD's as the current administration.

Then they accuse the administration of manipulating the intelligence even after the conclusion and release of the bipartisan Robb-Silverman Comission's findings. Senate Intelligence Committee stated the panel "did not find any evidence that administration officials attempted to coerce, influence, or pressure analysts to change their judgment related to Iraq's WMD." Earlier this year, the Robb-Silverman report was equally clear, finding "no evidence of political pressure to influence the intelligence community's prewar assessments of Iraq's weapons programs" and no political pressure "to skew or alter any . . . analytical judgments." Rather, the report said, "it was the paucity of intelligence and poor analytical tradecraft, rather than political pressure, that produced the inaccurate prewar intelligence assessments."

Admittedly there have been mistakes made in Iraq, there is no doubt about that. However, let's not forget that hindsight is always 20/20.

With that being said, if you are going to criticize the President for making the decision to go into Iraq, make sure to include all of the congressional democrats that supported the decision also.

Iraq Liberation Act of 1998

Congressional Democrats divided over Iraq

Article on the Robb-Silverman report.

Robb-Silverman report findings.
Old 09-25-2006, 09:45 PM

Default Re: How dumb the democratic politicians think you are...

Most of us Democrats do. Alot of the Democrats have said they were wrong when they voted. I would rather have a politican that says they were wrong and admitted they chose poorly AKA "Flip Floping" then some who just stays the course no matter what happens.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of us Democrats do. Alot of the Democrats have said they were wrong when they voted. I would rather have a politican that says they were wrong and admitted they chose poorly AKA "Flip Floping" then some who just stays the course no matter what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

And Id rather have a politician with the courage to maintain the course set out by expert advisors despite the drone of the cut-and-run crowd who are only interested in regaining political power.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
expert advisors

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-25-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who claim that "Bush lied"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you must mean, "who point out that Bush lied", since it is, at this point, beyond reasonable dispute.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:24 PM

I think the bigger problem is that Bush wasn't lying since he honestly believed what he was saying
Old 09-25-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the bigger problem is that Bush wasn't lying since he honestly believed what he was saying

[/ QUOTE ]

Since nearly the entire intelligence community believed the same things, his belief is understandable. The issue of him "lying" was a non-starter for anyone who understands that the word implies intent. Its a shingle that only the desperate still try and hang on him.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:39 PM

Default Re: How dumb the republican politicians think you are...

I make it easy. If they voted for the war in Iraq they will not get my vote.

Better yet. Anyone that supports the President over 85 percent of the time. They do not get my vote.

Old 09-25-2006, 10:48 PM

Default Re: How dumb the republican politicians think you are...

[ QUOTE ]
I make it easy. If they voted for the war in Iraq they will not get my vote.

Better yet. Anyone that supports the President over 85 percent of the time. They do not get my vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess youre voting Independent.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:03 PM

Immediately after 9/11, virtually nobody, according to the polls, felt Saddam Hussein was involved. On the eve of our invasion of Iraq, a majority of Americans thought he was. How did that happen?

Irrespective of how it happened, I agree that the Democrats share the responsibility for the disaster that is Iraq.