Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 01:42 AM

Default ABS 1-2 (6max) AJo

PRE FLOP hero is UTG w A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">I Raise</font>, folded to BB who calls (40/6/0.5 ... 100HH)

FLOP ... 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB check, I BET, BB calls

TURN ... A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">BB BETS</font> , Hero (raise or call ... intending to raise river?)

change BB to different player types ... what is your action?
Old 10-02-2006, 01:44 AM

Default Re: ABS 1-2 (6max) AJo

I raise everyone except expert, tricky players sometimes. Experts, I'll sometimes call and raise the river. You're too good too often not to put in one raise.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise everyone except expert, tricky players sometimes. Experts, I'll sometimes call and raise the river. You're too good too often not to put in one raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that I don't think my hand is good ... I think I'm best here against this guy (but would like to suck more from him) ...

<font color="red">OFF TOPIC</font>
My Brian hurts from playing 6max over the past 2weeks ... it's DONK city (I raise pf ... they hit whatever and DONK ... or a turn come they hit - DONK) ... I don't get it

also I've notice a very common player ...
stats
vpip(30-38)
pfr(19-25)
af(3.0-4.0)

this is much looser and aggressive than I have been (23-16-3.0)

I think my stats fall in with your 6max post ... so that would make me a 'standard player' - just as a standard full ring is like 15/9/2.0

what kind of player is this then (are they similar to the 22/16/2.0 in full ring ... a player I find hard as well)
Old 10-02-2006, 02:07 AM

You can never conclude that someone is a tricky expert based on stats alone. You sound like you rely way, way too much on stats.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can never conclude that someone is a tricky expert based on stats alone. You sound like you rely way, way too much on stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really ... I just used them as a general guideline ...
I do tend to group people into categories though based on stats, as they get to the same stats with differnt plays - all which I've found difficult to judge (and this grouping of players have shown generally traits ... <font color="blue">note</font>: never did I once state that these players are experts. They just make moves that have been difficult for me to judge when I'm holding a marginal hand or just a big ace)

edit: why do you feel I rely to heavily on stats?
Old 10-02-2006, 02:20 AM

In general I'd call and raise river
Old 10-02-2006, 02:27 AM

When you're asking me for advice related to reads about how certain players play hands, you're going to have to tell me how they play hands. Blah/chow/meow doesn't cut it in these spots. Sure, they might be "aggressive," but that can mean a whole lot of things. You can't tell what it means by a bunch of numbers. You have to take notes and record actions. By talking about the numbers in a spot where they don't matter much indicates that you are putting too much weight on them. Sure, sometimes they account for something, and they can push a close decision. Here, I told you it was a raise, and that it wasn't close. A real read could put me off that. Numbers can't.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When you're asking me for advice related to reads about how certain players play hands, you're going to have to tell me how they play hands. Blah/chow/meow doesn't cut it in these spots. Sure, they might be "aggressive," but that can mean a whole lot of things. You can't tell what it means by a bunch of numbers. You have to take notes and record actions. By talking about the numbers in a spot where they don't matter much indicates that you are putting too much weight on them. Sure, sometimes they account for something, and they can push a close decision. Here, I told you it was a raise, and that it wasn't close. A real read could put me off that. Numbers can't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think my reply with the stats was really connected with the OP ... it was more of a side 'blurb' (or something) ... your original reply answered my question (which kind of player might you call this turn action and raise river ... you said you would call and raise if bet came from a tricky player, and that was fine ... but your answer seems to imply that I didn't think I was good, so I posted that I thought I was good but was thinking that this was a spot to perhaps slow play)