Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2006, 03:20 PM

Default .50/1$ at party. A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

Okay, first of all Id like to apologize for a couple of nonsense threads I started yday. I dont think I was that sober anymore.

Still, one question remains: Why dont I make money at .50/1 SH (party) ?

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4SB, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2BB, 4 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2BB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Results:
Final pot: 12BB

CO shows AQo
SB had TT
UTG had KQo

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8SB, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4BB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 12BB

SB shows 97o

(ok, this one isnt a fantastic example, just a suckout.. but I included it cause it happened just a second later (and because I love his 3-bet on the turn))

Allright, this time I really dont intend to just shout out my anger or whatever. Im really really interested, what you(those of you playing .50/1$ SH at party) base your decisions on when playing.

Let me base this thread entirely on .50/1$ SH at party, so:

- what about your stats? Is your WtsD higher than the average SH gamer or lower? What about the Vpip, the PFR and your starting hand requirements?

- what about open limping? Do you only value raise pf? ignoring fold equity theories that usually apply at higher levels?

- what about bluffs? do you ever bluff?

- what about notes, and stats of others? which stats do you pay attention to, and what do you take note of? Does it really make sense making notes of how they "limp UTG w/ AT" or "coldcall w/ 86o" ?

- What about variance (ONLY at .50/1) ? Despite the low stakes, might variance be a monster because of the random gaming of some people?

- What about table selection? what do you look for , and how do you play at different tables?

im looking forward to responses,

greets

(ps: im NOT whining about those many fish/donkeys or people not respecting my raises or whatever. Deep inside my heart I love them for being there. I just want to learn how to beat them )
Old 09-22-2006, 03:35 PM

Default Re: .50/1$ at party. A riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma.

Hand 1: I'm pretty sure SB's an idiot after checkraising when the previous two streets checked through. But I don't expect to be beating CO and SB's 3bet cuts our odds so bad that it's not worth finding out. I see no other way to play this.

Hand 2: Standard, consider a flop bet if you had the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] .
Old 09-22-2006, 03:38 PM

In the first hand, you should have bet the flop. At least you find out cheap where you stand in the hand.

The same I would do in the second hand, bet out. You might have the best hand. (Which you actually had) Even though he prob wouldnt have folded, and would have won the hand.

But aggresiveness is important. That way it is harder for your opponents to know if it is a continuation bet or a value bet.

I also find the 1/2$ games to be alot easier than the .5/1$ ones. I depositet 80$ to play three days ago.5/1$. People play generally tighter there, and it is hard to get money.

I went over to 1/2$ with 100$ after 1000 hands at .5/1$.

I am now up in 250$. Ofcourse I could just be running hot, but i have tried to integrate the aggresive style written about in Ed millers, small stakes holdem into my own. It seems to run incredibly well. People often catch me with nothing. But since they call me down and i often mostly check river when i havent hit, they check behind. THEN, when i truly have a hand, they sometimes re raise me because they have something slightly better than a marginal hand.

And i get better payoffs.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:04 PM

I would probably play both of these the same.

Hand 1: You folded the best hand, but the pot is small so it's not a huge mistake. Most of the time you're beat when this happens. You got some nice reads for next time.

Hand 2: This is standard play for short handed over aggressive players. When I see a guy overplay like this he becomes a target. Welcome to short handed play where the standard line to getting caught bluffing is to make it worse by raising or calling.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:14 PM

Well , thats exactly the point of this thread.

In the beginning Ive been really aggressive, never open limping, never not c-betting etc. Just exactly the "SH Style" you should play. That worked... for 2000 hands, then just exactly THIS play made me lose 250 bucks.