Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2006, 01:35 AM

Default Mens Fashion Websites?

Anyone have any good fashion websites for men? I'm thinking of something that gives out fashion tips/advice or perhaps highlights new products out.

uncrate.com has been mentioned a few times on OOT, I'm looking for something similar but more fashion oriented.

I've searched a bit through google but havne't found anything aimed at younger men (25-30).
Old 09-23-2006, 01:43 AM

Default Re: Mens Fashion Websites?

lol
Old 09-23-2006, 02:04 AM

Default Re: Mens Fashion Websites? *DELETED*

Post deleted by Golden_Rhino
Old 09-23-2006, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<a href="www.gayfashion.com" target="_blank">Sound right up your alley</a>

[/ QUOTE ]
Way to try to edit your post to make it funnier, but not even get the link right.

Anyways I appreciate the immature coments but I'd like some real tips. To be specific I'm looking for information on suit buying / business casual. Growing up and don't want to look like a slob.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:16 AM

Ok, since attempt at being funny didn't work. I went through a similar experience at your age (I assume you are mid twenties). Instead of looking for websites, go to some trendy stores. Don't ask the salespeople for help, but instead observe what the customers are wearing. That is the best way to get fashion tips without asking or reading a web page that may or may not be accurate (remember that fashions vary from city to city).
Old 09-23-2006, 02:31 AM

Word to Golden Rhino's response.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree with this 100%. What you wear is a form of expression. Your best bet is to leaf through a few mens mags, find some things that you like (i.e. things that will make a statement about who you are) and find them. I have found that online shopping kinda sucks because you don't have the opportunity to see how the clothes fit you, nor can you get an accurate assesment of how the article looks. The most important thing is that you are confident that you look good in what you are wearing as that is 75% of what being well dressed is about.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:06 AM

I also recommend eschewing these websites and instead trying out clothes at brick and mortar establishments so you can decide what looks best on you.

That being said, once you've cultivated a "look" then you can order online for certain basic essentials.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:13 AM

Thanks for the advice. I'm not looking to buy a complete wardrobe (definately not into buying clothes online). I just occasionally like to look at diffent products online or in a magazine to see if there is anything I really like, then I try to find something similar to that. I like this method because I don't go ever go shopping to browse whats out.

For example, I like to look through GQ's fashion sections however pretty much all of those items are way too expensive for me.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree with this 100%. What you wear is a form of expression. Your best bet is to leaf through a few mens mags, find some things that you like (i.e. things that will make a statement about who you are) and find them. I have found that online shopping kinda sucks because you don't have the opportunity to see how the clothes fit you, nor can you get an accurate assesment of how the article looks. The most important thing is that you are confident that you look good in what you are wearing as that is 75% of what being well dressed is about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how you are disagreeing since Rhino's idea was to go to stores or boutiques, look at the customers and salespeople, decide what you like, and work from there and yours was look at magazines or websites, decide what you like, and work from there.