Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2006, 04:26 AM

Default Phone Brag

I don't even hang out at this place much but I had to brag about this new phone that Sprint sent me. The LG Fusic.

In addition to playing music and video files like any good phone will do it's also got EVDO from Sprint meaning high-speed internet on the phone from most anywhere worth living.

With a free program I d/l-ed I can stream any of the 10 gigs of music or videos or photes on my comp right to my phone making my phone the equivalent of a 10 gb video ipod (but smaller, way, way cheaper and functional as a phone).

OH, and I can use the built in FM transmitter to play these songs wirelessly to any stereo around.

Finally I can use the bluetooth and EVDO to turn the phone into a modem for my notebook giving me wireless broadband wherever I go.

Man I love this thing.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Phone Brag

How much is EVDO service costing you?
Old 09-20-2006, 04:41 AM

Default Re: Phone Brag

Free actually, I'm grandfathered in (at least for the time being) from an old unltd vision plan which was grandfathered in from a wirless web plan. The std price is $15/mo.

Overall plan is a total of $100/mo for 2 lines w/ unltd text, pix, video, data (EVDO) and 2000 anytime minutes.

The phone as modem is an additional $40/mo that I'm paying (though if you have a lack of morals Sprint has some phones that will do it free without them knowing about it)