Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Double gut-buster spewage OOP?

What's wrong with me?

I think I donked this one up pretty good - can you tell me how you would have played it? Let's assume you call the PFR - although I know not all of you would.

My thoughts on the flop - I think I should have RR'd to about the pot, but was stuck between the two players and made a terribly weak call. However, when he checked the turn behind me, I figured he had a weak king, was bluffing, or might think I was slow playing a set. Stupid thinking?

Sidenote: I've been trying to really get tricky and play a little bit crazy lately, putting lots of pressure on my opponents. It's actually been working quite well at the 50NL tables, but I hated how I played this hand.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($44.40)
Button ($29.90)
SB ($77.52)
BB ($101.40)
Donk Hero ($30.44)

Preflop: Donk Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
Donk Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Donk Hero calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.5</font>, Donk Hero calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $5</font>, SB folds, Donk Hero calls $4.50.

Turn: ($17) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Donk Hero checks, MP checks.

River: ($17) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Donk Hero is all-In [$23.44]

Final Pot: $17
Old 09-19-2006, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Double gut-buster spewage OOP?

This is FPS, stop bluffing so hard. And BTW, a 15 dollar bet here does the same or better than 23, and also saves 8 dollars when you're called.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:50 PM

Man just fold preflop and start read a pokerbook
Old 09-19-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man just fold preflop and start read a pokerbook

[/ QUOTE ]

That's helpful.

OP, if I were to play this hand, I would raise it PF. As played, I would probably lead out on the flop. I hate playing passive call-down on drawing hands like these. As played, fold to villain's flop raise.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:24 PM

Its not even soooooooooooooted. Fold PF.

As played, I'll raise the flop to try to knock MP out and get to showdown cheaply. You dont get anywhere by callin the initial flop bet. Raise it. Fold to MP's raise.