Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 04:21 AM

Default Site PokerLoco has $6500 of mine and will not pay up I need advice??

About 2 months ago I deposited $2500 dollars in this is pokerloco a pokerroom skin. In 2 weeks I got it up to $6500. The following day I go to log in and my account says blocked.

I write and email asking what I should do in order for the account to get unblocked. I wait a day, no response so I send another email, basically send about 5 emails and no response. The site doesn’t have support via the phone nor IM, so I go on google and see if there is something that could help. I found a phone number (+44 (0)20 7870 7510) bought a calling card and got a hold of someone. He said that the account was blocked because I had made 2 screen names. I made one name, deposited money into there realized that it was spelled wrong cashed out and made another name then cashed in again. He said that I would have to choose which name. So I wrote him an email choosing which name.

About 3 days go by and my account is still blocked, so I call up and now I learn that my account is being investigated because of possible credit card fraud. I said how I earth could this be? I have never used a credit card with online poker, I only use neteller. Anyway he said that he had nothing to do with it. It was ongame network that was doing the investigation. So I get the phone number for ongame network (+46 8 789 12 40) I get a hold on them. The lady on the phone says that ongame network doesn’t do the investigation it is actually poker loco that does it. At this point I knew there was some foul play happening. I told her that pokerloco told me that you guys are doing the investigation. She said “no, we have nothing to do with it”

So I call up pokerloco… this time no answer. I’ve tried many other times… still no answer. So I end up tracking the phone number. It comes from a place called Wandsworth, England. I talk to the police department there. (+44 0207 350 1122) The operator tells me that I have to make a report with the Los Angeles police dept where I live. The LAPD will then contact the police in England.

I was thinking about getting a lawyer, but I know what the cost is for the lawyers in England and don’t believe that it would be worth it considering I might not be able to get my money back. Does anyone have any advice as to what I should do? Do you think the police will be able to do anything? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Site PokerLoco has $6500 of mine and will not pay up I need advice

What a bad story! I deposit 200$ at PocerLoco in July, cashed it out in August and everything was fine. I made 2 cashouts at all, everytime the money was transfered in about 24h.

So, I can't help you at all, just saying that PocerLoco seemd professional to me. Good luck getting your money back (one way or the other).
Old 09-19-2006, 06:04 AM

Sadly the best advice is just to stay well away from the OnGame network. Stories like this come up for them far more than any other network.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:52 AM

Have you tried to contact this company . They seem to be the one that processes their payment?

The credit card processing at PokerLoco is handled by Montreal-based www.optimalpayments.com , a publicly traded company with many years of experience as one of the leading credit card processing companies on the Internet. This guarantees the security of all online transactions here at PokerLoco maintaining utmost client discretion and privacy.

"The payment services used by PokerLoco are owned and operated by Safepay Ltd. All transactions will be billed by Safepay Ltd., 3848 Armory Building, Basseterre, St.Kitts, DBA IFUND-POKERNETWORK. "

Also, could you expalin this screenname change in more detail?

JAque
Old 09-19-2006, 08:42 AM

Big difference between different sites in the Ongame network when it comes to issues like this!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:20 AM

Whats your nickname on PokerLoco?
Old 09-19-2006, 09:51 AM

Default First, go to Neteller to get them to pressure for your $2500 deposit

There is no legitimate "credit card" issue from your deposit end, if you used Neteller to make your deposit.

The FIRST thing you should do is complain to Neteller that these guys will not cash out your deposit amount.( This is $2500 after all. It is a start.)

THEN, go to the pokerloco website, which seems to be shut down currently. See whether it says that Ongame guarantees or stands behind the site. If it does, complain to Ongame.

(There may or may not be a legitimate "credit card fraud" issue with respect to the guy(s) you won the money from. Chip dumping really occurs and it is how credit card frauds get their payouts. however, the pokerloco website is down, a BAD sign.)

A legitimate "credit card fraud" exposure for the site would expire in 6 months.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:37 AM

Contact ECOGRA who does dispute resolution for OnGame.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:21 PM

Hey thank you for the help. I ended up emailing them today
Old 09-19-2006, 01:12 PM

Be sure to post how things eventually turned out - one way or the other.