Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2006, 07:57 PM

Default Probably boring KK, scary board

All I really have is numbers for Villain: 48/13/2.6 for 26 hands. Haven't noticed anything crazy yet. Interested in feedback on all streets please.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($3.90)
Button ($33.02)
SB ($19.79)
BB ($28.33)
Hero ($26.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, BB calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $9</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $4.

Turn: ($22) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB calls $9.79 (All-In), Hero calls $9.79.

River: ($41.58) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $41.58
Old 09-09-2006, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Probably boring KK, scary board

Preflop: Fine.

Flop: The raise is good but the call is not. Once SB raises it to $9, you aren't deep enough to do anything but fold or push, as evidenced by the action on the turn in which you only have half a PSB left. If you intend to call the re-raise, then you may aswell just get it all in because you cant fold on the turn having committed so much here.

On this flop you are behind 8s, 5's, 6's and AA of the most credible hands - because I dont see 97 calling preflop, same with 74. Perhaps a funky two pair... If he has these hands, great...he gets paid.

Its a tough spot. I can't see what he re-raises that you can beat here other than a flush/straight draw, and unless you have seen him play a FD like this I'm leaning towards a fold. Man it makes me feel sick though. This could really be a combo draw of some type, given how wet this board is. Yeah you know what [censored] it, in the heat of battle I'd probably shove this in.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:14 PM

At the time I called the flop thinking I could push a safe turn or get away on a 4/9. This is no good?
Old 09-09-2006, 08:16 PM

As an aside, after his 3-bet on the flop, what sort of pot odds would I need to have before I'm fully pot-committed? ie, how short does he have to be before I need to put him AI getting x:19+x?
Old 09-09-2006, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At the time I called the flop thinking I could push a safe turn or get away on a 4/9/[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. This is no good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think this is a good idea because investing over half your stack only to fold on a later street is not good poker. You should be looking to get as much money in as you can whilst ahead and force your opponent to either fold, or make a mistake in calling you. If you are confident that your opponent does not hold a set or two pair then you should push the flop, thereby forcing him to either fold or make an error.