Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 11:52 PM

Default I try to get tricky.

3/6 5 handed. Villan is 32/26/2.6 and is aggressive when he has the lead and also with draws.

He opens in the co, 2 folds and i call in the bb with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I check he bets and i call. Two bd draws and 6 other possible outs, maybe a little loose but not horrible (i think).

turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I check, he bets, I raise........

spew? good? river plan?
Old 09-06-2006, 12:01 AM

Default Re: I try to get tricky.

This is a pretty good spot for a semi-bluff. Even if we're behind to AQ or better, we have 9 outs to the nut flush draw and 3 additional outs to a straight. If a brick falls, I might fire one more bullet since I've seen a few opponents call the turn on some of my tricky check-raises and fold to a river bet. If you're going to do this, might as well follow through.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:18 AM

The turn is the easy street, perfect place for the semi-bluff. Remember however that a semi-bluff is only good if it gives you the abilty to win the pot right there or on the next street. If this guy is always comitted to showing down Ace high then you are best off just to call the turn.

I'm curious what others think about PF. I realize this guys range is pretty big and it is five handed, but I just hate this A/little offsuit stuff. Give me A7 and I will likely 3-bet it.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:58 AM

nut-flushdraw, gutshot and an overcard and a scary board should be more than anough for this play.
I'd bet any river.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:01 AM

we don't know, but if button and SB are tight his range is really big.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nut-flushdraw, gutshot and an overcard and a scary board should be more than anough for this play.
I'd bet any river.

[/ QUOTE ]
u gotta come up with better hands that call the turn and fold the river here. there arent many.

maybe Ax where x = 8h, 9h, Th, Jh, Kh (maybe)

so like, 4-5 hands.

is it worth that final bb to move him off 4 or 5 hands here when he's correct to just call with a million better hands? probably not imo
Old 09-06-2006, 02:25 AM

I wouldn't pull it, but I probably don't attempt things like this nearly enough. I just don't think of this type of player as someone who is capable of folding any made hand. We fold out a few hands that we're ahead of anyways, and we hardly ever (ok, never) fold out a better hand vs. this guy.

Carmine, preflop is fine IMO. I can't imagine 3betting here.