Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2006, 03:27 PM

Default Jon Kyle has got to Sky Harbor!!!!!

OK, so this is more of a rant, and Mods feel free to delete.

I've been here in Phoenix for the last 5 days visiting a friend. The entire town is literally littered with "Jon Klye for US Senate" campaign signs on every corner.

Every time I saw one, I got more and more irritated (and you see about 1 every 2 minutes as you drive around town).

The apparent zenith is this bonehead's influence is at Sky Harbor International Airport: I arrived in time to get in a solid hour of online poker on myh new laptop. I log into their free wireless access (pleasant surprise) only to find ALL FRICKING GAMBLING SITES (including PartyPoker) ARE BLOCKED!!!!!!!

Man I really, REALLY am beginning to HATE Jon Kyle. I hope he loses so bad that his entire campaign stash and personal fortune is destroyed. In fact, does anyone know who is running against him, and if they support legalization of oneline gambling? I'll write them a check for $100 as soon as I get home if you can supply me their website, and proof that they support legalization.

Hell, I'm even ready to vote for Hiliary (and I'm a Libertatiran) if I find out McCain supports the ban. My present and future income is too important.

BTW, where does McCain stand?

Sorry for the bitch session.

P1 [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 08-29-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Jon Kyle has got to Sky Harbor!!!!!

A lot of airports have restrictions on where you can go, but if it helps you vent about Kyl --carry on.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:12 PM

Kyl's opponent is Jim Pederson. Like most candidates, Pederson has not made known his opinions on internet gambling legislation. That said, I think it would be pretty much impossible for him to be worse on the issue than Kyl is.

There have been several threads on Kyl and Pederson before, and many posters have donated funds to the Pederson campaign.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:37 PM

We need an Unamerican Activities Committee to ruin the political careers of worthless totalitarian fundie-[censored] like Jon Kyl.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We need an Unamerican Activities Committee to ruin the political careers of worthless totalitarian fundie-[censored] like Jon Kyl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most excellent idea! Henceforth, this thread shall be known as the "UnAmerican Activities Committee," specializing in supporting all opponents of Online Poker, espeically Kyle, Feinstein, and the other co-sponsor of that damn bill.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:30 PM

I am quite disappointed in Kyl, but Jim Pederson would be much worse.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am quite disappointed in Kyl, but Jim Pederson would be much worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate? I find it hard to believe that anybody could be worse than Kyl on this issue. Has Pederson come out against online gambling? If he has, has he also pledged to push even harder than Kyl for its immediate end?
Old 08-31-2006, 10:50 AM

There are PC nuts in the Democrats who are as bad as the fundie far-right, but worse would be a huge stretch.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:28 PM

Well, Pederson can't be any worse on the gambling issue. If you're talking about the larger issues, better or worse depends on how you feel about the Bush administration. AFAIK, Kyl is pretty much in lockstep with W. 'n pals. He's been a champ for George on the wiretapping issue, for example.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, Pederson can't be any worse on the gambling issue. If you're talking about the larger issues, better or worse depends on how you feel about the Bush administration. AFAIK, Kyl is pretty much in lockstep with W. 'n pals. He's been a champ for George on the wiretapping issue, for example.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yikes. Behold the attempted growth of Big Brother.

I hope and pray that America turns away from the current crop of Spendthrift Warlike Social Conservatives that man the helm now.

B.