Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Needing some mouse advice plz

Hey everyone,

Ive set up my e1705 (dell laptop) in my dorm room, but I find it impossible to 8-10 table with the finger pad. So comes the question, what usb mouse do i buy and where do i buy it from?

My personal preferences: I want a mouse that doesn't need a mouse pad...and I dont want one with more than about 3 buttons (just right click, left click, and must have a scroll wheel)

Should I try to get wireless? I hate the idea of lagging while trying to 9 table, and replacing the batteries seems annoying. Is that right?

Finally, I have big hands and dont plan to bring it around with me, so I really dont want a mini mouse or anything small and portable.

Thank you very much for any advice/help you can offer,

-MrMuni
Old 08-31-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: Needing some mouse advice plz

i don't have much advice about specific mice, but i'd advise getting a wireless one. they are more comfortable and don't lag.

get something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Power-Quick-C...;s=electronics.

that's just the first one i found with a quick search, not necessarily recommending that one. but with a battery recharger, you won't have to spend money on changing your mouse's batteries constantly. fwiw, i change the batteries one mine once or twice a month.

i have this: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-V200-Cord...p;s=electronics and i like it, but it might be a little small for you.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Needing some mouse advice plz

be a guinea pig and use the new logitech mouse and let us kow how it is [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

or just get the mx1000 which is still a great pick.