Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 01:51 AM

Default TT in a tough spot vs. two LAGs

I had no clue where I stood in this hand. Both of these guys are uber-LAGgy. SB in this hand can't let go of top pair decent kicker, and tends to overplay 1 pair hands. BB my read is not as clear, as my stats on him come from datamining.

I'm getting 6:1 on the turn coldcall but I'm not closing the action. Two pair or a flopped straight are a real possibility here, as both LAGs just called in the blinds preflop.

Stats are:
SB 30/20/36/2.7 over thousands of hands
BB 48/30/41/1.22

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ???
Old 08-31-2006, 01:53 AM

Default Re: TT in a tough spot vs. two LAGs

I think I know who the BB is. I would fold the turn.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I know who the BB is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what? How can you tell who the BB is just from this post? There are thousands of idiots like this guy on Party.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:28 AM

hey Drew,

I like your flop 3bet - calling and raising the turn is another option but it sounds like with these guys you want to 1) extract value immediately 2) avoid opening yourself up to a turn 3bet.

Once lagtag sb caps the flop and leads the turn I'd say his hand range is something like 8x, 44, 55, 78, maybe even 85s occasionally, with the 8x being weighted down a bit since there arent' too many coldcalling hands pf.

With BB raising his turn bet I think we have to fold...occasionally we're getting moved off the best hand by something like A8 and 99 but we are not good here 1 in 6(best case, no further raises - in gets much worse both equity wise and odds-wise when SB 3bets the turn or the river is raised) to warrant calling down.

Surf
Old 08-31-2006, 12:24 PM

I'd have to let this one go without a read of insanity of the BB.

Even if we are ahead, by some weird fluke which I don't htink happens often enough to call we would still have to dodge a bunch of 'bad' river cards.

-WT
Old 08-31-2006, 02:35 PM

I'm suprised you categorize both these players simply as LAGs. SB's stats make him look like he's probably a tough/decent player, and BB's stats make him look like a clown.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm suprised you categorize both these players simply as LAGs. SB's stats make him look like he's probably a tough/decent player, and BB's stats make him look like a clown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stat wise, SB does appear decent, but that doesn't tell the whole story. I've played with him a ton, though, and he just flat out spews with 1-pair hands. He's probably a marginal winner who experiences uber-high variance, since he can't seem to find a fold when he is obviously crushed.