Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2006, 12:44 AM

Default AA Line Check

Villain is meh -- 32/4/5 over 40 or so hands. I'm TAG, but I'd been catching alot of cards, so I think my table image skewed LAGgy. I think I'd raised 3 of the last 5 hands, and even before this hand, I got the sense that he was getting tired of me.

How's my line? Comments on river are especially appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $81.75
CO: $105.75
Button: $73.15
SB: $109.60
BB: $63.55

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, CO calls, 3 folds.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($9.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $14</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($37.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($37.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $23</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $46</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero ?????
Old 08-31-2006, 12:46 AM

Default Re: AA Line Check

weird hand. i think you only beat a bluff but your getting good odds and i would call just to know what kind of hand a villain would play that way.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:52 AM

Thats not a good reason to call. I would 3bet the flop cause there are many scary turn cards that will confuse me. The Q on the turn puts you behind to everything besides a flush draw. I would check/call the river
Old 08-31-2006, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats not a good reason to call. I would 3bet the flop cause there are many scary turn cards that will confuse me. The Q on the turn puts you behind to everything besides a flush draw. I would check/call the river

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling when you have good pot odds is a GOOD reason to call. And when you throw in VERY valuable information, then I think it makes it even a better situation.

I think 3-betting the flop is bad unless you know how to get away from AA. Actually I'm not sure if I could get away from it after throwing in a 3-bet, given the stack sizes. So I like calling better on the flop.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:57 AM

1. Rebuy pre flop
2. 3 bet the flop, your hand is vulnerable.
3. River is tough, I'd probably call but wouldn't be happy about it. With the way this hand played out, I would prefer a check/call over a block on the river.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think 3-betting the flop is bad unless you know how to get away from AA.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree, our hand needs protection. People minraise with all sorts of crap in spots like this, but our hand is probably slightly ahead or toast, and I lean towards slightly ahead so I would come back over the top. Plus I despise minraises.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think 3-betting the flop is bad unless you know how to get away from AA.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree, our hand needs protection. People minraise with all sorts of crap in spots like this, but our hand is probably slightly ahead or toast, and I lean towards slightly ahead so I would come back over the top. Plus I despise minraises.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. But once we make a 3-bet, then we have to go all the way. So it's going to be pretty easy for the villain to play the hand from here on out.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Rebuy pre flop
3. River is tough, I'd probably call but wouldn't be happy about it. With the way this hand played out, I would prefer a check/call over a block on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/Call the river? Dont you think your often missing a ton of value c/calling on the river?
Old 08-31-2006, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Rebuy pre flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Check/Call the river? Dont you think your often missing a ton of value c/calling on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

A flush draw is not calling and everything else is raising. So a check might induce a bluff from a busted draw and it gives us a showdown.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Rebuy pre flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A flush draw is not calling and everything else is raising. So a check might induce a bluff from a busted draw and it gives us a showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about TJ,98,AT...do they raise the river?