View Poll Results: Asking the chick out this way
Brilliant, go for it! 16 18.39%
Not a great idea, but she'll probably say yes 16 18.39%
This is totally weird and will freak her out 16 18.39%
Just wait till the next time you see her in person 39 44.83%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-01-2006, 11:59 PM

Default Greenstein\'s Focus on Stuck Players

I just finished watching a Live at the Bike episode where Barry Greenstein plays and then offers commentary. He seems to strongly focus on which players are winning and which are stuck, assuming that most stuck players are likely to be both overaggressive and call too much.

I don't focus on this at all online, unless I see someone get pounded repeatedly I will assume wins/losses have little effect on other solid players. I rarely focus on winners/losers in live game play as well.

Perhaps at the highest levels where Barry plays, when everyone is basically a solid player, one mostly wins when other players tilt.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Greenstein\'s Focus on Stuck Players

i think this is effective both live and online, however its much more effective live because they are only playing one table and its easier to know if someone is stuck or not. however it definitely affects how people play in both venues, just easier to spot live.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Greenstein\'s Focus on Stuck Players

I watch Live at the Bike a lot during my sessions now - I just don't feel it translates well to online play for several reasons.

1: For a fish - a lot of times when they get stuck at these limits, they don't have any more money, and they leave. Often they are taking a shot with all or most of the money in their account.
2: For a TAG multitabler - you may not be on enough of his tables to know if he's stuck. He may be stuck at your table and way up at others.
3: In live poker it's far easier (with some experience) to put a player on a hand - online, you still have to just work with hand ranges - you just have to shift them downward if someone is on tilt.

There are sometimes when I want to take advantage of tilt, but rarely - you just can't tell. In live poker, body language says it all.

Also on L@TB - they make the assertion you want the fish to lose so he gets stuck and tilts and plays badly. Online when the awful players get stuck, often they just leave - I always root for them to win.