Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2006, 11:32 PM

Default Well, I liked WPEX until now :(

Twice in a short period, the software disconnected for just a second and folded my hand just after the flop. Neither time did the disconnect protect kick in.

Oddly, both times I had pocket Jacks on all-undercard flop and got to sit there helplessly while someone won "my" pot with an underpair.

I've had the software kick out for just a second before, but it's never folded a hand I was in the middle of. This sucks. No response to my emails yet.

Is this a common occurance?

Looks like I'm in the market for another site.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:38 PM

Default Re: Well, I liked WPEX until now :(

Happens to everyone.

Look at it this way: It makes *them* Tilt, if *I* don't the Doe is MINE all MINE!!! Muhahahahahaha

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ToT

PS: I know it sux
Old 08-24-2006, 11:44 PM

I just started playing more often on WPEX and I must say that the software absolutely blows. I'm going to get around 10k in hands there and make a decision as to where I play...Party, Dise, or WPEX.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just started playing more often on WPEX and I must say that the software absolutely blows. I'm going to get around 10k in hands there and make a decision as to where I play...Party, Dise, or WPEX.

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent played at Paradise in years. How is it over there now??...I assume they started allowing more than 3 tables? Shady RB deals only there and party though....hardly a weekly automated payment like wpex. Id say at least give them through september...supposedly there's some miracle upgrade thats coming thats supposed to fix a bunch of connection problems and allow 4 tabling....
Old 08-25-2006, 01:26 AM

I hated that until today as well when I flopped a set of K's vs my opponents set of floped A's, he timed out and saved me $85 hehehe
Old 08-25-2006, 04:22 AM

This week is the first time the disconnect protection has worked for me. For the previous four months I would just get folded out.

The bad news is that the disconnects seem to be increasing.

I figure that while it is horrible when it happens, it more or less happens to everyone which evens out the pain and losses.

While I really hope they iron out the bug, it isn't enough of a problem to keep me from playing there. It can be a costly inconvenience. The 100% rakeback is the great compensator.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Happens to everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. I really haven't had a problem with this.
although I wasn't playing on a couple days recently where there seemed to be a lot of complaints. But I've played enough there to know that for some reason I'm pretty lucky about this disconnection thing.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:59 AM

Location: On my knees praying that God shows my opponents His power

I'm probably around the 70K mark at WPEX and I've had this happen a few times, none of the recently. I've also had to happen to my opponents and saved.

For the long term player this bug will have a near zero net effect. It's annoying, I know, but I think it's a bit silly and shortsighted to leave a site for this reason alone.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:43 AM

I three table and I get "mini" disconnections where everything lags up and I don't have time to act. My hand is always folded with no DP. Luckily, I've never had a monster hand when this happened, so it didn't affect me that much. However, these mini disconnections are pretty annoying. My computer is fine as is my internet connection. I have no trouble 3 or 4 tabling Party, Stars, Dise, OnGame, etc. so I know it's the poor WPEX software.

The players seem incredibly weak though. There are a few tricky ones in the mix but it seems to be mainly rocks/TAGS who are pretty easily exploited. I managed to lose 100BB my first few sessions after taking some bad beats, running terrible and steaming but won it all back +RB, so that's kind of cool. I still think I can win more at a place with more donks.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:11 PM

Default Response from WPEX

To paraphrase:

[ QUOTE ]
We don't know why it happened
Sucks to be you
Have a nice day

[/ QUOTE ]