Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 02:40 AM

Default 88 and monotone 2-overcard flop

UTG+2 is 63/11/1 and donkalicious, here are my reads:
SB&BB are LPPs 35 VPIP

capped A2s pre-flop
66 pfr MP after limpers
donked-river K into pf3bettor who cb'd and called raise w/66
donked turn blank with 44 paired flop, after my pfr+cb

full tilt .5/1

pre-flop: Hero is MP3 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9 players)
2 folds, UTG+2 calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, 2 folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+2 raises, Hero 3-bets, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 3-bets, Hero calls

am I a lagtard? I may be able to get rid of some bigger spades by raising.

turn: (7 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
UTG+2 checks, Hero?

I am thinking check behind and call any river card.

edit: mod, please move this to micros. Sorry--i switch back and forth so regularly...
Old 01-24-2006, 03:18 AM

Default Re: 88 and monotone 2-overcard flop

Looks to me like UTG+2 is very scared of the turn card. Not many people will 3-bet a flop and then check the turn. He may have hit a set of 3s or 2 pair. Obviously if this is true, he holds no spade. You currently hold the 5th nuts, but if he is holding any of the mentioned hands, he has outs to the boat.

I think a bet/fold would fit good here. I know that if you check behind, you can get a showdown for 1 BB, but if he does have a set/2 pair, you can get a BB out of him even if he misses the river and folds. If he would call w/ a set anyway, you'd get 2 BBs instead of 1.

Need to think about the flop before I get back... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2006, 05:33 AM

I would probably bet out in this situation. UTG+2 showed a lot of agression on the flop, but suddenly slowed down when the 4th spade came. Seems to me he did not like that card. Betting out to see where I stand would be my move here. UTG+2 could have flopped three of a kind. Bet out, but watch out if board pairs on river.
Old 01-24-2006, 05:36 AM

The flop action is screwed up. I will assume that UTG+2 just bet the first time and you raised. Based on that I would have just folded the flop to the first bet. With an A and a Q on the table you are probably drawing for the fifth-best onecard flush. I like your turn/river plan.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:55 AM

Check to induce a river bluff. We have a flush -- It'd be disappointing to be blown off the best hand.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:35 AM

Grunching here.

PF: I can't argue with a raise in this spot, especially considering your read on UTG+2.

Flop: I'm assuming you are raising right out of the gate here, not 3-betting? Any way, I don't like it. You are most likely behind in a 4-way pot on this board, and the draw to the 5th nut one card flush really doesn't inspire me. The pot is big, but my prospects look bleak. Fold.

Turn: Given your notes, UTG+2's M.O. seems to be the donk bet, not the check raise. I'll bet again. If you get raised, I guess it's a fairly easy fold considering his aggression.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:58 AM

bet / fold the turn. If he has a high spade he'll raise, if not he'll call / fold.

Although looking at his stats.....maybe a bet / calldown, but not against a good player.
Old 01-24-2006, 09:55 AM

Nice hand buzz bet the turn and river for value.