Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 11:05 AM

Default 1/2 AA too passive??

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)
UTG+1 is 21 VPIP/11 PFR/2.75 AGG
MP1 is 42 VPIP/8 PFR/ 1.1 AGG

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 raises, MP1 calls, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets , 3 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 raises, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 3-bets, MP1 calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4 players),
UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, Hero raises, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

River: (20.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 23.75 BB

Should I have reraised and capped on the flop (or folded, bec I am 1 : 22 underdog against a set)?
Old 08-18-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Re: 1/2 AA too passive??

Yes 3-bet the flop. You can't protect your hand, you don't wanna slowplay, just maximize your edge.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes 3-bet the flop. You can't protect your hand, you don't wanna slowplay, just maximize your edge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-18-2006, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have reraised and capped on the flop (or folded, bec I am 1 : 22 underdog against a set)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding on this flop is absurd. MP could raise with anything: TP, flush draw, OESD. You should have 3-bet the flop because UTG has JJ in the hole.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:27 AM

I agree with your play here. In a 4-way pot, your aces are a bit of a dog to hold up. The flop is mostly rags, but I'd be worried about someone having a set.

Given how active UTG+1 was, both pre- and post-flop, I'd put him on a high pair, or a strong flush draw (AK, AQ of spades, maybe KQ of spades). MP1 cold-calls a raise pre-flop, but with a 42 VPIP, I guess that's to be expected. His rase after the flop is probably an attempt to steal. UTG seems to be on something like JT. He's not playing aggressively enough to have had a premium pre-flop hand, and he doesn't act like he hit the flop too hard, but has something, because he sticks around.

You raise the turn, which is exactly right, given the board, and the aggressiveness of the players (not much fear of anyone folding at this point, and you're probably a lock, having hit your set, unless the board pairs or the flush card hits).

River is another rag, no flush, no full house possibility, so your raise here is also appropriate.

Overall, I don't think you could have gotten much more out of this pot (which I'm guessing you won), without putting money in at the flop, where you were still very likely to get your aces cracked.

No problems with your play here at all.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:30 AM

Cap the flop. UTG and MP1 or could be raising a flush draw or just being 'aggressive'. Rest of the hand is good.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:32 AM

3-bet the flop. The rest of the hand plays itself.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with your play here. In a 4-way pot, your aces are a bit of a dog to hold up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this 3 or 4 handed, I can't remember. Given the action his aces are seriously good on this flop the vast majority of the time.

[ QUOTE ]

The flop is mostly rags, but I'd be worried about someone having a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sets are rare. They happen. But you should not give someone credit for a set just because they are aggressive.

[ QUOTE ]

Given how active UTG+1 was, both pre- and post-flop, I'd put him on a high pair

[/ QUOTE ]
REally? Me too.

[ QUOTE ]

His rase after the flop is probably an attempt to steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't no limit. He hit the flop in some way - probably a weak to strong draw. He's not going to "steal" here.

[ QUOTE ]

UTG seems to be on something like JT.

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP 21 raises PF UTG+1 with JT??? And then donk bets into the PF 3-better with top pair of T???

[ QUOTE ]

He's not playing aggressively enough to have had a premium pre-flop hand, and he doesn't act like he hit the flop too hard, but has something, because he sticks around.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think leading the flop, and then 3-betting when it comes 1 back to him playing passively.

[ QUOTE ]

You raise the turn, which is exactly right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]

not much fear of anyone folding at this point, and you're probably a lock, having hit your set, unless the board pairs or the flush card hits).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. If the board pairs, we have the nut full house. Sure, we lose to quads - so we don't have the absolute nuts, but if the board pairs, I'm capping every street and either winning a huge pot or, if I'm at my local B&M, collecting the 20K bad beat jackpot when my aces full loses to quads.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:00 PM

Thanks for your comments. This is giving a lot of valuable information on how to play such a hand.

Fabian11
Old 08-18-2006, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise! You can't put villains on a set after a bet and raise. If u never folded an OP on the flop it wouldn't almost never be a misstake.