Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2006, 01:03 AM

Default I can\'t win at pineapple to save my life..

Occaisionally I pop into UB's .25/.50 pineapple game just when i get burned out from my regular games.

It usually results in me losing $3 or $4 after 15-20 minutes. I seriously probably have about 10 straight losing sessions when I pop into that room.

I'm not playing overly loose. I'd play the same way I would at as a TAG in a limit hold'em game I can beat.

What's the general strategy here that I'm missing. The $3 bucks i lose doesn't mean anything to me but it's just kinda irritating that I can never leave that game on the green side.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:58 AM

Default Re: I can\'t win at pineapple to save my life..

It's been awhile since I played it, but I think you're playing too tight if a lot of others are seeing the flop as well. Crazy pineapple is really a post-flop game. Pick starting hands that can make you straights, strong flushes, and boats. Almost all rainbow starting hands should be thrown away, as should trips, and monochrome is not that great either unless well organized. If a flush is possible on the board, someone likely has it. If the board pairs, consider the boat a strong possibility. At the flop, you need to be sitting on at least two pair, a set, an OESD, or a good flush draw.

There are exceptions to these rules, of course, but if a lot of players are seeing the flop, then consider them pretty much written in stone. It's more like Omaha than Hold'Em.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:44 AM

I've always been curious about the 8 or better version of pineapple, Do you have to play 2 cards from your hand, or can you play one, or sometimes play the board for low? I would imagine you usually need two cards to beat out other lows, but what are the rules?

Also, what is a good starting hand strategy for this variant? It would seem playing only suited A2 or A3, maybe A4 or A5 would be too tight. Do you play more like stud/8 in terms of starting hands?
Old 08-16-2006, 06:14 PM

1 card will do(or play the board - lol).
Just have an Ace. suited with low cards is beautiful. This game is classic played PL, real classic stuff.
limit is nice in a field where many like to see the flop, too
Old 08-16-2006, 06:40 PM

Crazy Pineapple is a great game.

I like the play on paradise better, because I don't like the hi/low stuff and $1/$2 makes it more entertaining. Like said above I like to chose hands preflop that can win big. Ace suited to a piece of a pocket pair, Big cards (with two suited), Ace suited to a connector (like (A7)6) ), or a three connectors with 2 suited like (98)7 . You need to be careful with just top pair, they get beaten alot. That game is alot of fun, probably my favorite, but unfortunately isn't that popular.