Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2006, 04:53 PM

Default Foxwoods - weeknights vs. weekends

Sorry to keep asking Foxwoods questions, but I want to be as prepared as possible for my trip next month.

Can anyone give me some details on the difference in the weekend scene as opposed to the weeknight scene? I am assuming I will not find as many drunk/loose maniacs when I go during the week, is this a safe assumption? Any other info on the game availability during the week, and the weeknight wait times (if any)? I am inquiring about the smaller stakes Limit and NL games, btw.
Old 08-08-2006, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods - weeknights vs. weekends

Just play your game, lol. Small stakes is always the same no matter where you go. There isn't going to be "THAT" much of a difference from one day to the next that you have to be "as prepared as possible" for. If you're this worried about it, you might not be ready to play there.

Assumptions can get you in trouble. Make your determination of how the tables are when you actually sit at one and see for yourself. Different people will have different perception of how the games are. Just go and play.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're this worried about it, you might not be ready to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo.

i predict he comes back with some LOW LIMIT IS UNBEATABLE FISH WTF OMG I NEED TO PLAY WITH PEOPLE THAT RESPECT MY RAISES DONKEY [censored] post after this trip is done.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you're this worried about it, you might not be ready to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo.

i predict he comes back with some LOW LIMIT IS UNBEATABLE FISH WTF OMG I NEED TO PLAY WITH PEOPLE THAT RESPECT MY RAISES DONKEY [censored] post after this trip is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, ok. Thanks for that,
I've played $2/4 at FW on the weekends before, so having retards calling with crap will not be so shocking to me as to cause a “WTF, etc, etc,” post.

I am just trying to learn whatever I can about the games I will be playing, is that indicative of not being ready to play in them?

Oh, and I asked about three things - player types, game availability, and wait times. I guess you can misinterpret my player-type question as someone not being ready to play in the game, but how do inquiries about wait times and game availability make me not ready to play there?
Old 08-08-2006, 05:48 PM

I was there last night and everything except the O8 4/8 game and the 20/40 game had short lists if any. most of the night it was open seating. all the games are always donkfests. I rarely play weekdays but when I do I don't notice a big difference.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:55 PM

To me the biggest difference is table selection.

On weekends you have a high chance of getting on a good table when first seated. During the week you might have to ask for a couple table changes to get a higher percentage of the type of players you prefer to play against.

Depending on your game there may not be a lot of table choices during the week though.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:56 PM

The $4/8 is perceptably looser on the weekends (plays almost exactly like a wild $2/4 table at times). The $2/4 seems to me to play almost exactly the same, but perhaps I'm not perceiving the fine difference between eight to the flop for a raise and nine to the flop for a raise. $1-2N was pretty much the same midweek too.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:12 PM

Time of day seems to matter more than day of the week. I have never played a tight game at 1:00 am, nor a loose game at 10:00am. (2-4 notwithstanding)
Old 08-08-2006, 09:56 PM

I can't speak much for the limit games, but the 2/5 game is, on average, MUCH better thurs-saturday(IMO). You shouldn't expect to wait much at all for any game during the week. Good luck.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Time of day seems to matter more than day of the week. I have never played a tight game at 1:00 am, nor a loose game at 10:00am. (2-4 notwithstanding)

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

Peace,
Mygtar