Rogers Hornsby 108 56.84%
Napoleon Lajoie 5 2.63%
Joe Morgan 36 18.95%
Jackie Robinson 30 15.79%
Somebody Else 10 5.26%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Strategy decision when you know your opponents cards

So in a live tournament I'm in the 10 seat and the player in the 1 seat pre-folds his hand when it is bad and puts his chip protector on it when he is going to play. I'm in LP and watching him to see what he does with his hand. This one hand he checks his cards differently and flashes them to me and I see a black ace and the queen of clubs. It is folded to me and I have the AJ of hearts. Blinds are 50-100 and I have ~3000 chips as does seat 1 where an average stack is ~3250. Based on play so far seat 1 will likely call if I raise and raise if I limp. How much does the fact that I know what he has and he doesn't know that I know what he has make up for the fact that he has a dominate hand in position on me.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Strategy decision when you know your opponents cards

The most +EV play is to call, call his raise, and play postflop because you will have really easy decisions and can almost certainly take the pot though.

I would fold and say "you lift your cards too high, I saw your hand." and continue with his card placement tell.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:29 PM

Default Re: Strategy decision when you know your opponents cards

[ QUOTE ]
The most +EV play is to call, call his raise, and play postflop because you will have really easy decisions and can almost certainly take the pot though.

I would fold and say "you lift your cards too high, I saw your hand." and continue with his card placement tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same, really...

My default option - say "I saw your hand, you got black Ace-queeen" and declare a misdeal.

If you want to play it, though - limp-call and re-evaluate on the flop. I do not understand why most of the votes are for fold - if I saw his cards I'm going in with 27o and c/r push any flop with no Aces or queens (or 2's or 7's), and will try to extract value from the flop I hit.
Old 08-13-2006, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Strategy decision when you know your opponents cards [results]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same, really...

My default option - say "I saw your hand, you got black Ace-queeen" and declare a misdeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure you get a misdeal for that (I'm pretty sure you don't). Especially since the first couple of players have folded and I didn't see it as the dealer was dealing (I.e., it is player error as if he tabled his cards intentionally - which isn't a misdeal or hand killing event).

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to play it, though - limp-call and re-evaluate on the flop. I do not understand why most of the votes are for fold - if I saw his cards I'm going in with 27o and c/r push any flop with no Aces or queens (or 2's or 7's), and will try to extract value from the flop I hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the bluff was my plan. I raised to 300, seat 1 flat called as expected, folded to the BB who called and lead out on a board of 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I folded, seat 1 called. Turn was the 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checked, seat 1 bet, BB RRAI (had seat 1 covered), seat 1 called with the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the nut flush. BB had the 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the nut full house the 2nd best possible hand. Seat 1 was knocked out. If he'd have still been in then I would have told him to be careful to not flash his cards when he checks them, since he was knocked out I was saved my trouble.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Strategy decision when you know your opponents cards [results]

Call & call the raise. If you know your opponent's cards, you don't even need to know your own . . .