Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who's farts would smell worse?
King Kong 15 55.56%
Godzilla 9 33.33%
Some other Movie Monster (please list below) 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2006, 02:37 PM

Default SSNLHE two volumes

i just read the following on ed's website:

My current book project, published by Two Plus Two, is tentatively titled Small Stakes No Limit Hold 'em, and I'm working on it with long-time forum posters and no limit experts Matt Flynn and Sunny Mehta. They are excellent writing partners, and I can safely guarantee that the material in this book will blow people's minds. There's nothing like this information available in print, and to be honest, while it's discussed occasionally on the 2+2 forum (often by Matt and Sunny themselves), I would guess that most forum members are, at best, vaguely familiar with these ideas.

Basically, Matt and Sunny outline a simple framework for planning and evaluating decisions in no limit hands. I think this framework will alter people's thought processes as fundamentally as the concept of implied odds must have when it was first described.

Also, I'd like to announce that this project has generated so much material that it's sprouted into two volumes. The first volume, which we hope to have out by Christmas 2006, will detail the fundamentals of no limit thinking, the core framework for thinking about no limit hands, a number of errors that many players make (as well as explanations for how to avoid making them), and numerous hand examples and problems.

The second volume will focus on applying the core framework and adjusting it to different game conditions. It will contain a thorough discussion of adjusting to different opponents, of adjusting to short-handed situations, and numerous other topics. It should be out in mid-2007.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:45 PM

Default Re: SSNLHE two volumes

Sweet. I, for one, cannot wait to read this. I'll probably be stuck at small stakes forever, so I'll welcome any new material on this subject.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can safely guarantee that the material in this book will blow people's minds. There's nothing like this information available in print,

[/ QUOTE ]

Great stuff ed. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2006, 03:15 PM

i love you Ed, no doubt the book will be great
Old 07-19-2006, 06:01 AM

I'm in the same boat--it took me a month to go from 10 to 25 NL but when I get past NL 200 is when models start asking for my phone number (okay, hopefully sooner than that). Anyway, count me in for buying both books.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:41 AM

But how different will vol 1 be to NLHTP?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:54 AM

I think this has been asked before but I would like to ask it again. If possible it would be nice if a section were devoted to micro NL play 10 to 25 NL. Particularly what type of adjustments do you make when playing at these low limits.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:11 AM

Got the following also from Ed's website so guess he won't be here to answer any questions via the forum.
makes me wonder how HOH V4 will compare..

Ed:
A couple of days ago, I resigned some of my responsibilities at Two Plus Two. Specifically, I stepped down as editor of the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine, and I stopped working on the website redesign project. I also made a personal decision to stop participating in the forum discussions
Old 07-19-2006, 02:28 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller

hi guys,

[ QUOTE ]
Got the following also from Ed's website so guess he won't be here to answer any questions via the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed's role in the project is some content, but a lot of organizational and editing.....Matt and I are the "lead authors" content-wise and we'll be around on the forum to try and answer questions.....

[ QUOTE ]

Ed:
A couple of days ago, I resigned some of my responsibilities at Two Plus Two. Specifically, I stepped down as editor of the Two Plus Two Internet Magazine, and I stopped working on the website redesign project. I also made a personal decision to stop participating in the forum discussions

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed reduced some of his website responsibility so he'd have more time to devote to writing books.....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NLHTP isn't really a "How To" manual - it's a bit more theoretical in nature.....our book will be a hands-on primer on what to do, what not to do, etc.....also, different material and concepts will be covered......

thanks for the interest guys - we'll keep you posted....

-Sunny
Old 07-19-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hi guys,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed's role in the project is some content, but a lot of organizational and editing.....Matt and I are the "lead authors" content-wise and we'll be around on the forum to try and answer questions.....

[ QUOTE ]

Ed:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed reduced some of his website responsibility so he'd have more time to devote to writing books.....

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NLHTP isn't really a "How To" manual - it's a bit more theoretical in nature.....our book will be a hands-on primer on what to do, what not to do, etc.....also, different material and concepts will be covered......

thanks for the interest guys - we'll keep you posted....

-Sunny

[/ QUOTE ]

how about you guys post a chapter or two from the SSNL book in next months magazine so we can get a idea of what the book will be like :>