Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 04:59 AM

Default Mid pockets raised on turn

1) 26/18/2.4 over 3400 hands.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, Hero?

2) Unknown

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2SB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2BB, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero??
Old 08-11-2006, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Mid pockets raised on turn

i fold them both.
if you are ahead even only two overcards have 9 outs against you (not taken into consideration they could also have a gutshot or FD). the combined chance you are already behind or get outdrawn is not worth spending 2 more BB.

im afraid you dont have better reads on the opponents w/ 3500 hands than the stats.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:13 AM

Most of those are mined, I've sat with him for less than 180 hands. I tend to focus my attention on other players more than solid TAGs, plus I only note things that stand out, not all the standard plays he's making.

I do have a couple notes, though. Nothing that really helps except I don't have anything about bluffraising, and he sexied the river a couple of times in questionable spots.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:06 AM

This is where those notes like "loves to dick around on paired boards" help so much.
Hand 1: I fold unless I have a specific note re: paired board or semibluff or something like that.

Hand 2: With position I check behind a lot of the time here. Obviously this move is player dependent move but they've either got us killed or they're drawing to 6 outs and the pot is small so it doesn't need protecting. Is this the wrong thing to do?
Old 08-11-2006, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2: With position I check behind a lot of the time here. Obviously this move is player dependent move but they've either got us killed or they're drawing to 6 outs and the pot is small so it doesn't need protecting. Is this the wrong thing to do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against good players it's ok to check hand 2 on the turn. Against uknowns I usually find myself betting.

Both hands above I fold.

-Caddy