Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-08-2006, 07:49 PM

Default Playing full ring 400nl and above even worth it? I am at a crossroad

1st off let me say I am averaging about 10k a month playing 30,000 hands a month on Party Poker's 200nl tables. I 8 table playing pretty TAG and do well. There are always fishy tables to find at the 200nl level. I am at the point now where I am seriously considering quitting my job and doing this fulltime but I don't see any future at all in the higher full ring tables. I have spent the past month datamining them and the past week playing them and they are so tight that I can't see it being very profitable. On top of that the tables are full of super tight regulars like Pavel55 who never sleeps? I have over 45,000 hands on him in 8 damn days??? He is 10/2. So what I am asking is should I even bother with playing the 400/600's or should I switch over to SH which seems very profitable at all levels. My best friend is 7 tabling the 2k's and consistantly makes 40-50k a month. I've done some research on other sites and 400nl and above full ring tables are extremely hard to find yet SH games are abundant everywhere. I've been tinkering around with SH for a few days and it is extremely stressful compared to FR but its a lot more fun although I don't know if I can put in the kind of hours i do at FR playing SH..Its damn tiring. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks