Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 11:02 AM

Default kind of a crazy hand (one decision at a time)

converter doesn't like the hh, so i'm going to have to type it out. there were 3 decisions in the hand i thought were interesting.

party 1kNL

<ul type="square">[*]utg: teacuppoker, 32/19, 2kNL regular, has us all covered[*]co: 71/5/3.5, been seeing every flop and overbetting/pushing most flops and reloading to 200 everytime he's busted (which has been about 3 times now). he's sitting with $400 now[*]button: 23/15/3.3 with 20 wtsd, never seen him before but his numbers suggest that he's solid. he has $900[*]i haven't done much at the table, and haven't been here for more than 20 hands. i've never played with any of these players before. i have $1000[/list]
UTG raises to 35, CO calls, Button makes it 145, SB folds, i'm in the BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

button is unlikely to be raising TOO lightly since the CO is rarely folding, and teacup is probably not raising too light UTG.

i call. i think i can make it 450 straight and fold to an utg push, or a button push if everyone else folds
Old 08-07-2006, 11:03 AM

Default Re: kind of a crazy hand (one decision at a time)

easy call, obv
Old 08-07-2006, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy call, obv

[/ QUOTE ]

well i'm clearly not folding, but would a 4-bet be better here, especially since the CO will often call his stack off?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:14 AM

Calling is going to make the flop difficult to play, whats the plan for the flop now?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:23 AM

1. Call
2. ????
3. $$$$
Old 08-07-2006, 11:24 AM

This is a clear call unless you know button 3 bets light
Old 08-07-2006, 11:30 AM

Default FLOP

[ QUOTE ]

party 1kNL

<ul type="square">[*]utg: teacuppoker, 32/19, 2kNL regular, has us all covered[*]co: 71/5/3.5, been seeing every flop and overbetting/pushing most flops and reloading to 200 everytime he's busted (which has been about 3 times now). he's sitting with $400 now[*]button: 23/15/3.3 with 20 wtsd, never seen him before but his numbers suggest that he's solid. he has $900[*]i haven't done much at the table, and haven't been here for more than 20 hands. i've never played with any of these players before. i have $1000[/list]
UTG raises to 35, CO calls, Button makes it 145, SB folds, i'm in the BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok so i call, utg calls, CO calls

flop comes T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and the pot is 4 was for $585 and i have Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bet or check? i have $850, UTG covers all, CO has $250, button has $750
Old 08-07-2006, 11:36 AM

I don't think it is so clear. if we call, there are 4 people to the flop, which can get really nasty. I think I'd minraise here, because a lot of people do it with AA, but it also narrows the field. we might lose CO along the way, but that's better than playing a multiway pot with someone practically allin.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:40 AM

Default Re: FLOP

[ QUOTE ]
flop comes T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and the pot is 4 was for $585 and i have Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

bet or check? i have $850, UTG covers all, CO has $250, button has $750

[/ QUOTE ]

this is about as good a flop as you can get. check/raise allin. this also means you get to use your relative position to save some money if it gets allin by the time you act again.

open pushing may work nicely too, if you think it is likely that by the time it gets to you, someone with a naked A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] will go allin. We want that to fold obv. It also prevents someone with the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] from getting pot odds to call if everyone wants go be allin.

by calling preflop 4 way I think we understand that if someone has KK+, we're going to pay them off on most flops, because we can't call that much for set value only.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:46 AM

Default Re: FLOP

i'm thinking pushing might be a good play. anything less than a push doesn't make sense since i'll be committed anyway. i can avoid giving a free card in the even that the button has red AK or something. i think pretty much the same hands will bet as call. maybe AxK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] will fold to a bet, but i'd expect A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Kx to pretty much instacall here given the preflop pot size

another thing to consider is that the CO is going to throw his last $250 in very often on a board like this. probably any pair, any gutter, any club

FWIW, i checked