Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2006, 03:51 PM

Default moving up 100nl -> 200nl

i'm ready to make the move. my bankroll has recently become a roll and not a life roll as well, therefore i've been able to "save up" and follow the rules keeping 20 buy ins.

I play full ring. I play on whatever site has RB and bonuses.

I've been playing like this, with my 40 hour a week job, since 6/11.

I dabbled in 200nl during this time, and am down 4 buyins from it. I've been playing scared. I know what I have to do, that is play less tables. I play 9 on ultimate bet, but should be playing 3 at a time to keep my numbers highish. I got pushed off hands easily, but even with 20 buyins i think i'd be playing with scared money. i'm sure, as i'm going to be told, that it's just cuz i'm not used to it.

i bluff heavily on 100nl and don't think anything of 1 buy in. with time, i will not think much of it with 200nl, but i'm highly interested in what others have to say about moving up to a level like this, where i was easily able to cont. bet and take pots down easily but now if i cont. bet it's snapped off like taking candy from a baby.

UB i realize is tougher than PP, but not as much as you guys think, trust me on that one.

just for [censored] and giggles, my stats from 6/11 to present, 100nl was 50k hands, 1.52 ptbb/100 (with bonuses puts me ~4k). no pic, i'm at work. i'll check this later/answer questions after i get some time.

i seriously appreciate any input, even if it is YSSCKY. TWP, that's your cue. thanks.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: moving up 100nl -> 200nl

I struggled with the move to NL $200 as well. What cured me was to have 40 buy-ins. Then losing 5 or 6 in a horrible session didn't depress me. What you really should do is take shots with fewer tables and build upon your success.

I would caution that if you are only beating NL$100 for 1.5PTBB/100 that you can't reasonably expect to beat NL$200 for more. That means that you are likely to experience some multiple buy-in downswings.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:14 PM

Default Re: moving up 100nl -> 200nl

[ QUOTE ]
just for [censored] and giggles, my stats from 6/11 to present, 100nl was 50k hands, 1.52 ptbb/100

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not [censored] and giggles sir. Don't take this badly, but that's a horrible winrate - you may not even be beating the game. The only real winrate you're getting is from bonuses. Your bonus earn rate will barely increase at 200NL while the skill of the players definitely will and your variance will double.

You are not ready for 200NL IMO. This thread is what you need to read at the moment. Follow the advice given and you will make big monies with the whale. The 20-buyin rule only applies if you're a proven winning player.