Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2006, 08:56 AM

Default ($11) Playing against Agressive Stealer

This guy kept going all-in and when he just limped or min raised he almost always over-bet the pot on the flop. Seems like i didnt have a choice but to fold on turn. Maybe I should have bet the flop???

Maybe folding pf would have been best???
PartyPoker, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1322)
UTG+1 (t1140)
Hero (t1360)
CO (t1150)
Button (t1150)
SB (t1090)
BB (t788)

Preflop: Hero is in MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t100, Hero calls t100, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, BB checks

Flop: (t350) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t350) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets t250</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds[/color
Old 01-23-2006, 11:12 AM

Default Re: ($11) Playing against Agressive Stealer

I fold this one preflop. I'm no expert but I don't think I'd limp with any hand here. I'd raise AQ+ and 88+ to 250 and muck anything less. A raise should either win the pot there and then or get it heads up so you can often pick up the pot with a c-bet.

Betting the flop wouldn't be terrible in my book, you might just take it down but I don't like bluffing into two players, especially at an $11.

Easy fold the turn.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:20 AM

At a tight table, which you will probably never find, a riase would be better than calling preflop, but I'd prefer to just fold this hand preflop. but if you do limp, I'd just say check/fold if you don't hit. no reason to risk any chips here. if this guy is actually betting with nothing over and over, you can find a much more profitable spot than this.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:57 AM

The flop is a classic spot for a probe bet. BB has any 2 and probably no notion of continuing the hand. Aggro bets everything, yet he checked so he's probably got nothing. If you're called, you can see the river for free, since they will check to you again. You are about 3-1 to hit your overcards. You have 2 backdoor draws. And you're getting 3.5 to 1 on your bet, so if it works say once every 5 times it is worth it (since you will win some when called.) You missed out on a pot here, IMO. Hope that helps.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:19 PM

PreFlop: Fold
Flop: Check/fold
Turn: Fold