Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2006, 02:26 PM

Default 3/6 Top Two On a Bad Board.

Villain is a 40/2 over 40 hands, so basically unknown.

I'm unsure about this hand.. I'd assume the turn bet is standard but whats my best line on the river? b/c, c/c, b/f??. I have a hard time believing any even somewhat decent play is raising this river with anything less than trips, so I'm kinda furious with myself for calling that raise. I'm breakeven for the past 40k hands and am really questioning my play in every which way..

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

River: (7.66 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero closes his eyes and clicks the call button.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:29 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Top Two On a Bad Board.

bet call is fine
Old 08-04-2006, 02:30 PM

NH

LLL
Old 08-04-2006, 03:30 PM

I think at 1/2 or 2/4 where I play the correct play is b/f, but I wouldn't be able to do it.

B/c might become correct in 3/6 games. I don't think c/c is the correct line in any game as you have almost announced that you are showing down.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:27 PM

Bet/call. He's got A5 or some such retarded hand enough of the time. That said, a lot of times (esp when tilty) I will check/call in this spot because I smell a raise coming. The turn call makes you wonder what the hell he has. Then when you get raised on the river, you feel taken advantage of the times he has it. So that's why I check/call on occasion. But I think bet/call is the correct play.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:21 PM

Bet/fold is the correct play after the turn action. He either has the jack, he missed the diamond flush, or he has a weak hand like a pair of kings or aces. That said, I have really come to dislike bet folding at the lower limits so i'd either bet/call or c/c. I might lean toward c/c because lately I've seen some really dumb bluffs/"value bets" made by opponents when I check to the on the river. So I think i would say bet/fold in an ideal world, but in reality you should c/c, you might still get a bet in with the best hand.

As played I think I'd have to call.