Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2006, 01:19 PM

Default Hero turns top 2 on scary board (25NL, deep)

Hero has been active at this table taking down a lot of small pots without going to showdown.

SB is fairly solid but may be steaming after getting a premium pair cracked by Q3o.

Comments anywhere welcome.

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $23.25
Hero: $59.45
CO: $17.90
Button: $11.95
SB: $44.55
BB: $22.70

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3.25, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6.5</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($16.25, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($16.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $5</font>, Hero thinks for a long while then
makes a crying call.

Standard?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:22 PM

Default Re: Hero turns top 2 on scary board (25NL, deep)

I'm probably betting the turn for a reasonable amount.

As played I definitely call on the river.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably betting the turn for a reasonable amount.

As played I definitely call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arguments both ways- betting the turn protects our hand when we're ahead but we get raised off of it when we have outs too often. Checking and calling a reasonable river lets us catch up if we're behind and get to showdown cheaper. I think I like the check, but it's villain dependant I suppose.

Turn completed a straight and flush draw, btw. betting protects our hand v a lone T or heart, but we get c/r here a lot (althought we're always behind) we have outs if we check it through.

ramble ramble, i dont know- both checking and betting seem fine on the turn. only thing i know is i call this tiny river bet.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Arguments both ways- betting the turn protects our hand when we're ahead but we get raised off of it when we have outs too often. Checking and calling a reasonable river lets us catch up if we're behind and get to showdown cheaper. I think I like the check, but it's villain dependant I suppose.

Turn completed a straight and flush draw, btw. betting protects our hand v a lone T or heart, but we get c/r here a lot (althought we're always behind) we have outs if we check it through.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was more or less my exact line of thinking here. I didn't want to get raised out of the pot on the turn with outs when I could potentially win a huge pot if I filled up on the river and villain couldn't fold a flush/smaller FH. I realize this situation is a bit different with this board but lately I've been checking the turn with made hands more often as I c-bet so much and it has been working well so far.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:07 PM

river must be a call, the turn is one to bet for me the A is a scare, and you're hardly drawing
Old 08-02-2006, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
river must be a call, the turn is one to bet for me the A is a scare, and you're hardly drawing

[/ QUOTE ]

You are always betting this turn even considering the effective stacks are ~180BB?