Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Selling Poker Book Collection

After 3 years of playing poker as a pro, I've decided to hang up my boots and move on to other things. I enjoyed that period of time thoroughly and in no way could have been as successful as I have been without the help of these forums and the books I have read. I want to say thank you to everybody in these forums for helping me out in one way or another. In addition to my quitting I am selling off the lot of my poker books (mostly geared toward Holdem), all of which are great books, as I'm sure anybody reading this will attest to. This would make a great library indeed for anybody beginning the game or wanting to take their play to the next level.

The books I have are as follows: Winning Low Limit Holdem by Lee Jones, Internet Texas Holdem by Matthew Hilger, Small Stakes Holdem by Miller and Sklansky, Holder Poker for Advanced Players by Sklansky, Harrington on Holdem Volume 1, Harringon on Holdem Volume 2, Tournament Poker for Advanced Players, Theory of Poker by Sklansky, Improve Your Poker by Ciaffone, Pot Limit and No Limit Poker by Ciaffone and Reuben, No Limit Holdem:Theory $ Practice by Sklansky and Miller, Super System 2 by Doyle Brunson, Caro's Book of Poker Tells, The Psychology of Poker by Schoonmaker and Positively Fifth Street by James McManus. All were bought brand new and all are in good to mint condition. At purchase I bought each for around $30 each, so I have a little over $400 invested in this collection. Pm with any offers.... all must go.

And remember, even if you only get one thing piece of solid info out of any book... it's already paid for itself.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 07-29-2006, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Selling Poker Book Collection

Mike,
Why are you quitting the game?
Old 07-29-2006, 12:19 PM

It's kept me from doing other things that I want to pursue. I don't want to have the luxury of making the kind of money I make playing poker and having the option of not doing anything else. So I want to put myself in a situation where I'm require to use something else besides my mind to provide for me.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:50 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

Male prosittution will allow you to use another portion of your anatomy.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I want to put myself in a situation where I'm require to use something else besides my mind to provide for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you want to get into manual labor? Good exercise at least.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's kept me from doing other things that I want to pursue. I don't want to have the luxury of making the kind of money I make playing poker and having the option of not doing anything else. So I want to put myself in a situation where I'm require to use something else besides my mind to provide for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...why do I find this so hillarious!?

---Leavenfish
Old 08-02-2006, 06:08 PM

Warder, where do you live? I'm thinking about shipping costs ect.