Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 03:06 PM

Default \"run it twice\"

ive seen it on HSP, but how does it work exactly? i know the 2 remaining hands flip cards over and they have 2 boards. so you have to win both boards to take the whole pot? if you win 1 board and lose the other board you chop the pot? what if you win 1 board and chop the other board? i mite wanna bring this up next time in our home game when all of money is in the middle but there are no clear favorite, ie. AK vs 1010, etc
Old 07-26-2006, 03:16 PM

Default Re: \"run it twice\"

A win and a chop is 3/4 to whoever won the first one. The rest of your assumptions are correct.

Something else you can do is make a deal where you figure how much equity each player has at that moment and chop the pot accordingly. For example, if somebody wants to chop who has flopped a set, moved in, and called by a open ended straight flush draw. This requires you to know what the odds are in a particular situation off the top of your head, and another player who knows he's got the worst of it and is willing to take a portion of his equity back. In my regular game, nobody gets it in on a draw with any illusions their hand is any good, they're just trying to bad beat somebody so they can rub it in.

Good luck.