Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2006, 06:02 PM

Default Bonnie Bernstein Leaving????

From the LA Times.

With the NFL TV contracts being changed next year All of the Broadcasters contracts must be up.

I hope Michaels does get out to go to NBC. More because I would love to have Tirico doing Monday Night Football. Now if only someone could break Theismann's neck. Where's LT when you need him.

Can James Brown survive without Terry Bradshaw?

Would I even put the FOX pregame on TV 3 on my NFL Three TV set up if Terry Bradshaw is hosting?

WTF is CBS thinking getting rid of their two best sideline reporters?!? What did they give too much information? Damn it Bonnie stop giving injury updates! You should be yelling "IT'S GOOD MOOSE! IT'S GOOD!!" on every field goal attempt.

By the way I have always loved Bonnie Bernstein. Not only do I think she does an outstanding job, but I think she is the hottest woman in sports broadcasting. Of course I have a thing for attractive women who could break down a cover two defense. It's almost as good as her being a gymnast. Hold on I'm building a fantasy here...
Old 02-03-2006, 08:35 PM

Default Re: Bonnie Bernstein Leaving????

There hasn't been a good football broadcaster for 10 years. That goes for baseball as well.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:24 AM

As has been disscussed in the is forum...alot. I think there are still a few broadcasters that do a decent job. I think Tirico is one of them. I really enjoyed the Tirico, Sterling Sharpe combo on Saturday nights later in the season. I was kind of hoping this would be the NFL Network Team, but I would love Tirico all year on MNF.

Al Michaels used to be decent, then after Gifford left MNF he decided he was the star and people were tuning in to hear him.

There are times when I like Jim Nance doing a game as well. Although he sometimes falls into the trap of having to insert his opinion.

I really thought Rich Gannon was doing a good job in some late season west coast CBS games and I hope he can do more in 2006.

I know that FOX has jaded most people by promoting HORRIBLE announcers. But there are still some decent broadcasters out there. Just saying there hasn't been an good one in 10 years just makes you sound like an old man.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:28 AM

TTIUWP, so thank me.

Old 02-04-2006, 12:02 PM

I want to knnow when Melissa Stark comes back
Old 02-04-2006, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There hasn't been a good football broadcaster for 10 years. That goes for baseball as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, allright allright. I'm actually only 20 but I really miss Phil Rizzuto.

Seriously though, you guys make good points, some of the announcers aren't bad. But when I hear the clips of the guys that set the bar in the business like Howard Cosell along with Al Michaels in his prime etc, the guys that can make your hair stand on end and simply nail a broadcast, I feel like there still should be some like that. I don't know, maybe that train has sailed.

And you're certainly right about FOX and tainting me on their football announcing, but John Madden doesn't help either.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, allright allright. I'm actually only 20 but I really miss Phil Rizzuto.

Seriously though, you guys make good points, some of the announcers aren't bad. But when I hear the clips of the guys that set the bar in the business like Howard Cosell along with Al Michaels in his prime etc, the guys that can make your hair stand on end and simply nail a broadcast, I feel like there still should be some like that. I don't know, maybe that train has sailed.

And you're certainly right about FOX and tainting me on their football announcing, but John Madden doesn't help either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the problem is that you're only getting clips. If you only got highlight clips of Al Michaels, let's say with Gifford and Dierdorf, you would probably think they were good. This is probably true for Madden as well. Since you have to listen to them through the boring parts of the matches as well, it gets boring, tedious and cliched.

That said, I think the problem with broadcasting now is that they feel the need for everything to be flashy and exciting. ESPN is now much more E than S.

Jared