Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2006, 04:50 PM

Default PLO8 $25 - catches non-nut flush on turn

New to game, so please comment on all streets, incluing my choice of betsize, if appropriate.

PLO/8 $25 9-handed
Hero has $23.75
UTG $32.20
BUT $12.61
other players stack not important

Hero is MP with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG call, 2 folds, Hero call, 2 folds, button raises to $1.04, SB folds, BB, UTG and hero calls.

Is it correct to call this raise? Is it even correct to limp initially? I'm afraid I've fallen to much in love with these A2xx hands

Flop (pot $4.26) 4 players
8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 check, Hero check, Button bets $3.03, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

OK, so I flop a nut low draw as well as a non-nut flush draw. A call is correct here, right?

Turn (pot $13.35) 3 players
K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG check, Hero check, Button goes all-in for $8.54, UTG calls, Hero raise all-in for $19.68, UTG folds

I went for a check raise here, since I made the flush, and if UTG called the button-bet, he would either have to fold or pay for a draw to a full house, if not drawing dead.

All comments more than welcome.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: PLO8 $25 - catches non-nut flush on turn

can't see what the flop was
Old 07-21-2006, 07:01 PM

Flop is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2006, 08:41 PM

Your starting hand is much stronger than than an A-2-xx hand, considering you have a 3, giving you a much stronger and less counterfeitable low possibility. It's even stronger than an A-2-3-x hand, because the x is somewhat coordinated in that it's suited. You'd obviously want the A to be suited in this situation, but the Q still has real strength.
This is definitely a PFR, unless you're in early position and there are habitual loose raisers behind you that can narrow the field for you, then a limp call is fine I think. (I'm not sure how I feel about a re-raise, I think i'm sometimes too aggressive in 08)
I think the other streets are fine; I thought about raising the flop, but again wonder if this isn't too aggressive and might drive out potential dead money. At these stakes 2nd nut flush will run into crap more often than the nut when money is going in; i'd be comfortable believing this flush is good. (Even if the board paired, believ it or not)