Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 02:29 PM

Default The official attractiveness ranking system

The problem with every other thread on ranking girls is that their authors make it absolute. They show a picture of a girl and say "she is a 4" or "she is a 10, a perfect girl." These posts obviously don't work because guys have different tastes, so that is not what I'm trying to establish here. Rather, I am trying to establish the rarity of seeing girls from the range.

Let me start off by saying that this should only count women who are in a specific age range -- this is not a firm boundary, but rather a subjective one. If you think 50 year olds are hot, include them in your scale.

First, an average girl is, well, average, a 5. If you take a random girl from the street in your age range, she will be a 5. I think most people center their scale wrong, but the most logical answer should be the correct one.

Next I think there is a normal distribution (you might not agree with this) of hotness. Most girls are 4's, 5's, and 6's. 68% of girls fall in this range. 27% of girls fall in the 3 and 7 range. 2.1% of the population is an 8 (same for a 2, but you would naturally block them out of your vision, so you wouldnt' see them). 0.1%, or rougly one in a thousand girls, is a 9. I think this needs to be set. You can't walk into a bar and every 5th girl is a 9. This doesn't happen unless you are in a movie.

Now we have to talk about 10s. A lot of guys use this term loosely. We really can't. I have seen at most two 10's in my entire life. They are the kind of girl that you freeze up when you see them. They are other people's 9s. There is nothing physically different between a solid 9 and a 10 -- just a physical reaction that you have to her. Something special about her that makes you want to drop everything you are doing and jump her. These are the rarest and if you aren't sure you have seen a 10, you haven't. Pictures, therefore, cannot convey a 10. There is no way to tell but to be there and know that she is a 10.

I hope everyone now knows my scale and I hope everyone will adapt it. I'm tired of people arguing over numbers, so if someone thinks a girl is a 6 and you think she is an 8 then this might be true, people have different tastes. What you must consider, on the other hand, is that most chicks are average -- if you have seen more 6s than 5s in your life then you are being untrue to yourself. There are far more 5s than 6s and far more 6s than 7s.

Finally, for those people that are really lazy:

Cliffs notes: I asked a girl out and she hasn't respond to my phone calls. I've called 13 times in the last 2 days, should I call her again??!??!
Old 07-07-2006, 02:32 PM

Default Re: The official attractivness ranking system

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with every other thread on ranking girls is that their authors make it absolute. They show a picture of a girl and say "she is a 4" or "she is a 10, a perfect girl." These posts obviously don't work because guys have different tastes, so that is not what I'm trying to establish here. Rather, I am trying to establish the rarity of seeing girls from the range.

Let me start off by saying that this should only count women who are in a specific age range -- this is not a firm boundary, but rather a subjective one. If you think 50 year olds are hot, include them in your scale.

First, an average girl is, well, average, a 5. If you take a random girl from the street in your age range, she will be a 5. I think most people center their scale wrong, but the most logical answer should be the correct one.

Next I think there is a normal distribution (you might not agree with this) of hotness. Most girls are 4's, 5's, and 6's. 68% of girls fall in this range. 27% of girls fall in the 3 and 7 range. 2.1% of the population is an 8 (same for a 2, but you would naturally block them out of your vision, so you wouldnt' see them). 0.1%, or rougly one in a thousand girls, is a 9. I think this needs to be set. You can't walk into a bar and every 5th girl is a 9. This doesn't happen unless you are in Southern California.

Now we have to talk about 10s. A lot of guys use this term loosely. We really can't. I have seen at most two 10's in my entire life. They are the kind of girl that you freeze up when you see them. They are other people's 9s. There is nothing physically different between a solid 9 and a 10 -- just a physical reaction that you have to her. Something special about her that makes you want to drop everything you are doing and jump her. These are the rarest and if you aren't sure you have seen a 10, you haven't. Pictures, therefore, cannot convey a 10. There is no way to tell but to be there and know that she is a 10.

I hope everyone now knows my scale and I hope everyone will adapt it. I'm tired of people arguing over numbers, so if someone thinks a girl is a 6 and you think she is an 8 then this might be true, people have different tastes. What you must consider, on the other hand, is that most chicks are average -- if you have seen more 6s than 5s in your life then you are being untrue to yourself. There are far more 5s than 6s and far more 6s than 7s.

Finally, for those people that are really lazy:

Cliffs notes: I asked a girl out and she hasn't respond to my phone calls. I've called 13 times in the last 2 days, should I call her again??!??!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2006, 02:43 PM

Default Re: The official attractiveness ranking system

[ QUOTE ]
There are far more 5s than 6s and far more 6s than 7s.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are saying it's more like a bell curve?
Old 07-07-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are far more 5s than 6s and far more 6s than 7s.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are saying it's more like a bell curve?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes: there is a normal (Gaussian) distribution around the mean (this case the mean is 5). This leads to a bell curve
Old 07-07-2006, 02:53 PM

This should be stickied. Nice work, yobz.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:54 PM

Yobz,

Did you leave messages? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2006, 02:55 PM

This is one of the rare times I'll condone a tl;dr post
Old 07-07-2006, 02:55 PM

Someone make a joke about that movie
Old 07-07-2006, 02:57 PM

Finally, nerds can find chicks to be hot.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:57 PM

re cliff notes: time to make a house call