Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2006, 02:19 PM

Default My First stab at Bonus Whoring....

I just made a deposit with Full Tilt, thought i'd go after the 600$ bonus. So far i've accrued $6 in about 30 minutes. But this is my problem. I'm soooo used to Party Poker, their filters, being able to resize the tables, the awesome table selection. I go to Full Tilt and find it more difficult to get a seat, find the avatars ludicrous, the whole setup doesn't sit well with me. Now i'm wondering am i going to be feeling this way as I go site to site to site.

Is this common in the beginning? Is party poker's setup just that much better than the others, or am i just stuck in my routine?

Advice appreciated.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:24 PM

Default Re: My First stab at Bonus Whoring....

You are stuck in your routine. Although Party doesn't annoy me, but I don't think it is "great".

There are often options to turn those avatars off. I know I don't play with them at party, or Ongame sites (Pokerroom and Hollywood). Search around a bit, I've never played at FullTilt.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:24 PM

I like full tilt better then party. you can pick your seat (rotate the table) which helps with over lap since you can keep yourself visable.

I don't find the table selection any worse at any other site then Party. In fact I have made much more money atother sites then Party Poker.

Ken
Old 07-11-2006, 02:56 PM

I think as you play more sites you'll start to find some things you like more and others less. I know the first time I was all-in at a HoldemPoker tourney and the cards flipped up and the win percentages were shown I was like "that is so cool." But the table selection at Party is just awesome, don't expect it elsewhere. You should plan your time, for instance don't try to play sites with a Europeon player base at night when the peak traffic is afternoons. Off peak hours at many of the smaller sites can be you and 9 other whores, so adjust your play accordingly.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:42 PM

I think you are stuck in your routine. I started whoring recently after previously playing at one site for years. It took a while to get used to other sites, but you'll adjust sooner than you think. If you don't like the avatars on FT you can DL somes mods for the site. I think you can find them at pokermods.com?