Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2006, 01:23 AM

Default $225: gay (interesting?) QQ hand

Of course the hand was agaisnt the only unknowns at the table. I just don't think the risk/reward is high enoguh to push pf.

If you read this ryan and remember the hand, what did you put me on?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB (t2190)
Hero (t1655)
UTG (t480)
UTG+1 (t1470)
MP1 (t1945)
MP2 (t1470)
MP3 (t1335)
CO (t1500)
Button (t1455)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t210</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls t210, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls t180, UTG calls t180.

Flop: (t855) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets t300</font>, Hero calls t300, UTG folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: (t1455) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (t1455) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t330</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t825</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t2610
Old 07-10-2006, 01:38 AM

Default Re: $225: gay (interesting?) QQ hand

Sorry to hijack- Can you explain your logic behing the ~1/5th size pot bet on river?

Smells like AKd to me, for what it's worth.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:47 AM

my problem with how you played it is this. either you think you are behind preflop and are playing for set value? and that doesnt seem worth it. or for when you are an overpair but you were an overpair here and that didnt look like you "hit"
Old 07-10-2006, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to hijack- Can you explain your logic behing the ~1/5th size pot bet on river?

Smells like AKd to me, for what it's worth.

[/ QUOTE ]
blocking bet

to elaborate, it's supposed to keep him from making a bet I can't call and maybe pushing me off the best hand. If he just calls usually I'm ahead so its a value bet, and if he shoves I can safely assume I'm beat and fold with losing the least I could.
Old 07-10-2006, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my problem with how you played it is this. either you think you are behind preflop and are playing for set value? and that doesnt seem worth it. or for when you are an overpair but you were an overpair here and that didnt look like you "hit"

[/ QUOTE ]
folding seemed too weak raising seemed dumb. Not used to huge raises like that
Old 07-10-2006, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im not saying calling is bad because id push this at my level but i have no idea what id do at the 225s. But if you do call what are you looking to hit on the flop? If this isnt it then I'd almost think you have to fold preflop.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

im not saying calling is bad because id push this at my level but i have no idea what id do at the 225s. But if you do call what are you looking to hit on the flop? If this isnt it then I'd almost think you have to fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically a flop like the one I got. Then I decided to get fancy
Old 07-10-2006, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically a flop like the one I got. Then I decided to get fancy

[/ QUOTE ]

ok yeah if you were planning to c/r the turn then i like it up to there i think. that river seems like it almost has to be a flush. I might call for the small chance i win (very small) and because i get too curious to know what he played like that.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:45 AM

Uh. Fold flop or push flop/turn?

I push preflop though, but I don't play 225's. I think these raises at my level are mostly TT-QQ and AK überscared to play postflop.

Absolutly hate that blocking bet, pure spewage if you ask me. If he has got the heart to push that river with something you beat after the flush came, let him have it.

Kind of think you lost the max without giving yourself a chance at winning this pot.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:04 AM

I don't remember this hand at all, unfortunately.

However, I strongly suggest a push preflop in this situation. There's no reason to think either of them are ahead of you and there are a lot of chips in the pot.

300 isn't a blocking bet. A blocking bet usually has to be around half the pot or it just looks real weak. Either way, looks like *he* had JJ. Rough hand. Push preflop!

PS if you've seen any weakness in my game at all, msg me. I've been having a rough time lately.

Ryan