Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2006, 01:15 AM

Default TPWK and likely dominated... plus there\'s a flush draw

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds.

Flop: (9 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Hero...

PS - This is a test. If you figure out the origin of this hand, don't spoil it for everyone else.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:45 AM

Default Re: TPWK and likely dominated... plus there\'s a flush draw

BB raises who, on the flop?
Old 07-07-2006, 01:51 AM

no reason to call here unless you got one bet in the pot, you didnt show that you put in the first bet or if the SB did. if you have to cold call two no reason to call
Old 07-07-2006, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BB raises who, on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry... BB "bets". That happens sometimes when you made some edits by hand.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:54 AM

He doesn't. He bets. Aaron transcribed it wrong. And yes I know the secret. Mwahahahaha.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:58 AM

I don't know the secret but I know what I would do in this exact situation. I'm not going to say anything though, in case I'm right for once, then everyone will think I'm the tool who knew the secret but claimed he didn't know the secret, and then let he cat out of the bag and ruined it for everyone who didn't know the secret.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:04 AM

*grunch*

I fold this hand. If you are the only one holding an ace great, but with the bb raising, I assume he has a better then average raising hand. There are alot of redraws that can beat you. I feel the pot is also fairly small.

Assuming that BB has an ace, you have 2 outs (the 3 of diamonds is no good here). Also, I'm not sure to many folks would call bet on the flop from the pf raiser unless they caught a peice of that flop. Flush draw or ace with better kicker. Again I say fold, to many bad possibilities in this hand.

edit: If I'm way off on this one, please clue me in. There seems to be some great secret about this hand. And if its reraise, well crap. I missed that entirely.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*grunch*

I fold this hand. If you are the only one holding an ace great, but with the bb raising, I assume he has a better then average raising hand. There are alot of redraws that can beat you. I feel the pot is also fairly small.

Assuming that BB has an ace, you have 2 outs (the 3 of diamonds is no good here). Also, I'm not sure to many folks would call bet on the flop from the pf raiser unless they caught a peice of that flop. Flush draw or ace with better kicker. Again I say fold, to many bad possibilities in this hand.

edit: If I'm way off on this one, please clue me in. There seems to be some great secret about this hand. And if its reraise, well crap. I missed that entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]
nicely done.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:16 AM

er what :P ?
Old 07-07-2006, 05:40 AM

This hand is easy if we're HU; we're WA/WB. (Even a little better than usual, because if we're WB we frequently have a fair number of chopping outs).

Raising is only going to shut worse hands down and get us 3bet by better hands. We have no way to protect our hand anyway, as the caller is stuck in the middle.

And i have no idea where this hand is from or what aaron is being so cagey about. Something to look forward to in the morning, i guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].