Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2006, 09:14 AM

Default Autobody shop is POS...Hire a Hitman?

About a month ago I was rear ended. Damage was minimal to the rear bumper but since it was the other party's fault, and I wouldn't end up paying a penny, I decided to get it fixed. I call up the dealership where I bought my car and they didn't have an autobody shop but the person on the phone(can't remember his name) recommended one down the street.

I drop the car off at the autobody shop on Monday June 19th and they say if everything goes right, they'll have it by the end of the week.

I give them a call on Thursday and Jerry answers the phone. He's the guy I left the keys with. This fat guy with unkempt hair and overgrown yellow fingernails. I ask him if my car's ready. He looks some stuff up for a minute and comes back and tells me that the replacement bumper they were sent was damaged (WTF?). I shrug it off and he says it'll be ready by next week. OK.

Fast forward a week and I give Jerry a call again. He totally doesn't remember me or my car. He looks stuff up, comes back and says that they were sent the wrong bumper (WTF?). I'm a little annoyed and ask when the correct one is coming in. He says later today (THU) or Fri. I ask when the car will be ready and he says if they get the bumper, then Monday.

Now, today (MON), I call around 8 am and Jerry picks up. I ask about the status of my car. Once again, he has no idea who I am. He looks stuff up and comes back and says they need my insurance company to inspect it b/c apparently there's more damage that wasn't specified on the insurance claim. Now, I'm really pissed.

I tell him that I am calling the insurance company so they can send a claims agent over ASAP b/c I want my car back. He says Antonio (other guy who works there) probably already called the insurance company and there was no need for me to do that (why is he steering me away f/ calling???). Anyway, I want this done ASAP so I tell him I'm calling the insurance company and will call him back.

I call the insurance company and they are like WTF, they are claiming more damage to the car 15 days after they initially got it!? Anyway, I finally get put on with a claims agent. He says it's impossible to look at the car today but that WED, they could do it. However, for them to do it, the autobody shop has to call them, I can't authorize this. He puts me on three-way along with Jerry and tells Jerry they need to call the claims office. Jerry replies "yeah ok, ok, we'll call". Anyway, he needs to call before noon for it to be possible for the claims agent to come look at the car on WED.

At this point, I hate to be a [censored], but I feel like I need to call JERRY again and again to follow-up and make sure he actually calls the claims office before noon. I'm also extremely wary of his excuses and suspect they are joyriding in my car, or [censored] it up somehow and are trying to buy time.

I can also try calling the dealership but I don't think they are connected with the autobody shop in anyway. AT the very least, I could tell them not to refer anyone else there, or maybe call the autobody shop up and tell them to fix my car ASAP or they won't send them any more business.

The bright side of all of this: My insurance company pays me $10 for every day I am without my car.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Autobody shop is POS...Hire a Hitman?

[ QUOTE ]

The bright side of all of this: My insurance company pays me $10 for every day I am without my car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait 6,000 days and buy a new Audi.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:59 AM

OP,

I have to say, your post did not live up to the promise implied in the subject line.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:00 AM

This makes no sense. Why didn't you get them to order the replacement bumper then take your car in after it arrived? Why didn't the auto shop suggest this? It's not like they want a car sitting around for 15 days if they're honest.

Cut your losses and take the car somewhere else. Why continue dealing with these morons?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

I have to say, your post did not live up to the promise implied in the subject line.

[/ QUOTE ]#

This is so true; I am dissapointed.