Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2006, 10:53 PM

Default ATTACK!!!!

In this thread TripleH started a discussion about an individual's playing style being related to the amount of times this indivdual's blinds are attacked by other players. I think this would make a good little small stakes project.

The theory we are operating under here is that the attempts to attack this player's blinds are inversely proportional to VP$IP/AF. That is to say: the looser and more aggressive the player the less this player's blinds will be attacked. Conversly, the tighter and more passive a player is - the more this player's blinds will be attacked.

Now, we all already know to steal against tight players - but, do our opponents? Hopefully the results of this little analysis will provide us with the following information:

-Whether our opponents are, in fact, stealing more from the tight players - as they should be
-The actual raw number and percentage difference between the steal rates against tight players vs. loose players
-If we get enough good information from a variety of limits - perhaps we can compare steal rates, by player style, by limit

What I'm asking of the readers is to provide some information found in their PT stats given the following requirements:

-Please have at least a 50k hand sample (preferably more)
-Please filter the information by limit
---It's fine if you wish to post about several different limits - but since blind defense varies greatly based on the aggression at a specific limit - posting stats including hands from multiple different limits will skew the analysis
---Because they're the most popular here - I think we should limit the collection of stats to the 1/2, 2/4, 3/6 and 5/10 limits.

The information needed from poker tracker can be found on the more detail screen (the button is available on the general tab in PT. Please provide the following information:

LIMIT
# OF HANDS
VP$IP
PFR%
AGGRESSION FACTOR (total, not including PF)
ATTEMPT TO STEAL BLINDS %

Folded SB to Steal (Include both the percentages and the "### out of ###")
Folded BB to Steal (Include both the percentages and the "### out of ###")
Old 06-20-2006, 10:53 PM

Default Re: ATTACK!!!!

I'll start....

Limit: 2/4
Hands: 188,269
VP$IP: 20.96%
PFR%: 13.03%
AF: 2.78
ATT TO STEAL: 38.89%

Folded SB To Steal: 80.10% (821 times out of 1025)
Folded BB To Steal: 57.12% (778 times out of 1362)

I think the first interesting conclusion here is that players are only stealing against my blinds about 1% of the time. To only have one attempt against my blinds in every 100 hands I play seems awfully low - especially since I'm stealing 38+% of the time.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll start....

Limit: 2/4
Hands: 188,269
VP$IP: 20.96%
PFR%: 13.03%
AF: 2.78
ATT TO STEAL: 38.89%

Folded SB To Steal: 80.10% (821 times out of 1025)
Folded BB To Steal: 57.12% (778 times out of 1362)

I think the first interesting conclusion here is that players are only stealing against my blinds about 1% of the time. To only have one attempt against my blinds in every 100 hands I play seems awfully low - especially since I'm stealing 38+% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you reaching this conclusion? It seems wrong to me.

A potential steal situation doesn't come up every time you're in the SB or BB. Sometimes someone limps or raises earlier than that and interferes.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think the first interesting conclusion here is that players are only stealing against my blinds about 1% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you reaching this conclusion? It seems wrong to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry - my quote should read: "Players are only getting the opportunity to steal against my blinds 1% of the time."