Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2006, 03:28 PM

Default Trips vs very connected board

One side note... Party poker has their hand histories in their install directory under hand history... Poker Stars seems to not do this. Am I going to have to have a hand history sent to my email daily?

On to the hand...

Just sat down...

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 01-17-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Trips vs very connected board

I agree w/ your play on this hand. I'm trying to think of the hands that would raise you on the flop AND turn and all I can come up in a few seconds would be AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, KK, QQ, JT....most of those hands have you beat, no need to go overboard on this.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:36 PM

You have to go to the Instant Hand History option in the PS lobby and specify that you want hand histories saved on your HD, then it works just fine.

Hand looks fine to me, if he flopped a straight life sucks (seems most likely) and kick him for me if he limped AK or AQ from UTG. I don't really see any hands that you beat, but wth, I'm not folding trip aces with no reads at .25/.50.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:36 PM

Looks good to me.
Preflop and flop look good.
Without improving on the turn I'd be check folding most of the time. Since you improved, betting out is good to avoid any chance of a free card. Definitely only call the raise as you are splitting here or losing to JT.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:51 PM

I highly doubt you're facing AK, AQ, KK, or QQ here, as UTG+1 just called pre-flop(could've just been slowplaying it, but it's doubtful), and I don't think you're facing a flush either. He probably has an Ax and you're splitting this pot, although it's possible he has a straight. To me it looks like you played it well.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:34 PM

The board is too cooridnated for me to lead out again on the turn after getting raised on the flop, although the 3rd ace is nice you are still most likely to split this pot so no need to pump the pot.

On the other hand, reads would be nice. It would be nice to know if this is someone who goes crazy with 2nd pair and bluffs a lot. If I had seen him do it once I would 3-bet the turn, call a cap, c/c the river and cry over his straight.
Old 01-17-2006, 04:46 PM

Side note: Options, Instand Hand History.

On to the hand. It seems really likely we're either splitting with another A, or losing to JT (I don't see other hands here unless the guy is really, really weak with his preflop raises).

The turn is difficult. I'm tempted to say check/call, but maybe I'm influenced by his future raise. Either way, I can't lay this down, even though it really seems unlikely we'll ever win.

Hopefully he had way overplayed KQ. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]