Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2006, 02:24 AM

Default world cup on tuesday

yesterday (1-2) was the first losing day since the world cup began. if i had a die and won when it landed on one through four, i would lose two out of three 26% of the time. that is about every fourth trial of three rolls.

poland -.5

germany -1

england pk

i believe paraguay is a better team. but they are eliminated. trinidad has something to play for. because i dont know how hard paraguay will play compared to trinidad, i decided not to bet on the game.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:06 AM

Default Re: world cup on tuesday

And you got jobbed on both losses, with the uncalled offsides violation on the Swiss' 2nd goal (end of game and unnecessary anyway), and with the unmerited penalty pick on Spain's 3rd goal (end of game and again unnecessary). Perhaps some of your previous wins were lucky, to balance it out though. The forum picks record seems to be 7-6-1 now; please keep posting regardless of outcomes.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:05 PM

WC to Date 12-1-2 +22 units

Sorry about the no post for the first two games. I took Germany (pk) -500. Gave ecuador way too much credit. Oh well.

For this afternoon I will be taking England (pk) -150. I am also thinking about Trin and Tob (+1.5) -240 but not sure yet.

Also, llabb, I had spain at -1 yesterday if you would like to count that. I have only posted two picks so far on here, mostly because I was vacationing in Brazil for the first set of first round matches.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:16 PM

Cliff: 2-0-1, great picks again, even despite some of them unfortunately getting jobbed at the end of game. England a winner until a 90th minute Sweden goal. Paraguay would have won too. 9-6-2, keep it up.

Rush: Great looking record, please post more. Forum record of 4-1, with some of them high ML's.

I don't really plan to track a bunch of people's forum records, just started noting it since I was trailing a few picks. It would be great in general, though, if people posted their forum records with their picks. Looks like people are getting value out of World Cup, which is great!