Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2006, 02:24 AM

Default Studying abroad in Sydney in 2 months -- tips for housing

So I have a program starting at Univ of Sydney in Australia in mid-July, and I've taken care of all applications and visas, but I have no clue about how I'm going to find housing, esp because I really won't be going down there at all prior to my move. I.e. I'll have to arrive down there, sign for a place to live and move in, all within, realistically speaking, 48 hours, assuming I can stay in a hotel for a night or two.

I need suggestions, not only about where to live, but also perhaps on how to go about finding something...I could contact the university's housing office (which I'm sure they must have because of all the visiting students who study in Sydney), and I guess I could look into their dorms, although I'm not thrilled about that idea. I'm going to send out some feelers to friends who I know know some people down there...any other suggestions?
Old 06-13-2006, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Studying abroad in Sydney in 2 months -- tips for housing

All big Australian Uni's havge housing assist programs through the Student union. They should be able to hook you up with room and board, you can expect to play $80-$120 Australian. (Although Im from Melbourne, and Sydney is a little more expensive on the housing front.

If uni dorms are anything like Melbourne's, they will be expensive, but probably well equiped and clean.