Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2006, 05:56 PM

Default My solution for the Immigration \"problem\"

Do what the French do and form a US Foreign Legion. If a potential immigrant wants become a US citizen they can serve 3-2 years in the foreign legion and then Bang! they're a citizen.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:08 PM

Default Re: My solution for the Immigration \"problem\"

Lemme see: join the American Foreign Legion, drive up and down the streets of Baghdad getting shot at, or work at a Beverly Hils mansion for cash under the table.

Decisions, decisions . . .
Old 06-06-2006, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do what the French do and form a US Foreign Legion. If a potential immigrant wants become a US citizen they can serve 3-2 years in the foreign legion and then Bang! they're a citizen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because the French system is a model we should try to emulate, they have no problems at all with violence from their immigrants, their immigrants are all happy and productive laborers who completely respect the laws of their new country.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because the French system is a model we should try to emulate, they have no problems at all with violence from their immigrants, their immigrants are all happy and productive laborers who completely respect the laws of their new country.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're just a few years away from having those same types of problems regardless. I guess the way it is now, at least they won't have military training.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We're just a few years away from having those same types of problems regardless. I guess the way it is now, at least they won't have military training.

[/ QUOTE ]
What leads you to believe that?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What leads you to believe that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Germany and most of Western Europe have the same types of problems with immigrant and migrant workers as France does. As far as I'm concerned they are just a few years ahead of us in the process. If a downturn in the economy leads to double digit unemployment rates similar to those in France or Germany I think the debate about immigrants who came here illegally is going to get violent on both sides.