Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2006, 06:05 PM

Default The Revolution begins tonight on the History Channel

For those war and history buffs out there (especially people insanely interested in early American history like myself):
The History channel begins the first of 13 parts on the American Revolution tonight at 10 EST

I cannot wait as this promises to be the history channel highlight of the summer

I watched Washington the Warrior this past weekend and if the Revolution is done the same way, I will be very pleased.

history channel selling tagline
[ QUOTE ]

From the roots of the Revolution to the signing of the Declaration of Independence, victory at Yorktown to the adoption of the U.S. Constitution, THE REVOLUTION unfolds this critical era of American History through sweeping cinematic recreations, intimate biographical investigation, provocative political, military and economic commentary, and evocative original music. Much of the series is filmed on the locations where history was made, from Fort Ticonderoga in the North to Charleston in the South.

Through re-enactments, the keystone events and the complex relationships among the principal players such as Thomas Paine, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington and Benjamin Franklin come to life. THE REVOLUTION also looks at the full range of individuals who shaped the conflict -- unsung heroes including spies, slaves, free Africans, Indian sympathizers, emancipated women and eccentric personalities -- in order to illuminate how the historic ideas and themes drove these people to commit treasonous acts against the British crown because they believed that independence was a cause worth dying for.

Often messy, chaotic, and on the brink of failure, the two decades of American history chronicled in THE REVOLUTION demonstrate how a nation built on ideas of freedom took root, and how it was not a job for the faint of heart.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-04-2006, 06:07 PM

Default Re: The Revolution begins tonight on the History Channel

I saw some commercials for this. Thanks for reminding me to set up the TiVo.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:31 PM

Default Re: The Revolution begins tonight on the History Channel

I'm definitely watching this. Probably should record it too.

ScottieK