Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2006, 09:43 PM

Default inside the mind of an average low limit multi tabler

i just need some hands reviewed, sorry if you expected something awesome in here:

i felt like this was borderline with A J here...sngpt cant help me with position, and i think the fact that im in EP was kind of the deciding factor. stacks also seemed good....thoughts?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t100 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1440)
UTG+1 (t670)
Hero (t1105)
MP2 (t2055)
CO (t2915)
Button (t1200)
SB (t2150)
BB (t1965)

Preflop: Hero is in MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t1105 (All-in)</font>
-----------------------------------------------------

clear fold? villain was 45% VPIP (dont even know if this really matters). im ok on chips if i fold but im not sure about his range here, no real reads other then loose but i dont recall his PFR being particularly high.

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1615)
UTG+1 (t1120)
CO (t3700)
Hero (t1440)
SB (t4185)
BB (t1440)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t300</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t1900</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>
--------------------------------------------------
i know everyone will hate this...this guy LITERALLY pulled this min c/r on the flop on the bubble EVERY time i bet, thats the ONLY reason i made this play...i had a pair and i cant imagine over the last 5 frickin orbits in a row that im beat. do you make the same play in this spot or are you STILL folding to constant min c/r on the flop from the same opponent? i had laid down every other one with no pair...thoughts on the topic in general?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t2913)
Button (t5894)
SB (t2460)
Hero (t2233)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t100, Hero checks

Flop: (t400) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t400</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t800</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t2033 (All-in)</font>
---------------------------------------------------
line check on this one...do you dump it earlier? villain is 50 VPIP this sng so i didnt think folding was much of an option. thoughts?

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1315)
UTG+1 (t2540)
CO (t2070)
Button (t1095)
SB (t3790)
Hero (t2690)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, CO calls t100, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t50, Hero checks

Flop: (t300) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t200</font>, CO calls t200, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>

Turn: (t700) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets t400</font>, Hero calls t400

River: (t1500) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks

thanks ladies!
Old 05-30-2006, 11:06 PM

Default Re: inside the mind of an average low limit multi tabler

1) without a table read, I think this slighly ev+.
2)You have to fold unless you read he is really using his big stack. I like to raise a bit less (250) so that folding isn't as painfull
3) Hate the play. The fact that he has done this 5 times in a row to me implies the odds of him having you beat is a lot higher. Of course why are you raising with air the previous times when you knew he was going to reraise you? Sounds like he got you on tilt
4) Once he calls the flop bet I am done. It is very likely he has a flush draw that got there on the turn. Other than a bluff, what hands do you beat on the turn?
Old 05-30-2006, 11:12 PM

AJ - ok
AT - fold
25 - check-fold, and def fold after he raises
A8 - min bet is no good. Either bet 1/2 pot or check flop, if villain also checks, bet turn. If villain calls your bet, check it down.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:26 PM

Just to comment on the all-in with 25o.... I have made the same play a few times, and EVERYTIME I looked back I'd be like dumbkopf. Just check behind on the flop and wait for the situation to stack him off since he is clearly asking for it.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:21 AM

Location: Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

It's frustrating when you KNOW the guy is constantly doing this to you with nada and you can't pick up a decent hand to fight back. Doesn't mean you have to pick this craptastic hand and run w/it.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
4) Once he calls the flop bet I am done. It is very likely he has a flush draw that got there on the turn. Other than a bluff, what hands do you beat on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

a worse ace? this is a low limit tournament mind you, it happens a lot more often than you might think.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A8 - min bet is no good. Either bet 1/2 pot or check flop, if villain also checks, bet turn. If villain calls your bet, check it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

jeck,

i did bet half pot (SLIGHTLY less but basically same) on flop, just clarifying, it wasnt a min bet....how do you proceed if he just calls flop 1/2 potter? (i assume you were referring in your post to if he calls your turn bet after flop was checked through...) i thought it was not unreasonable to think i had Ax beat but this is why i ask for some feedback [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] leakies
Old 05-31-2006, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's frustrating when you KNOW the guy is constantly doing this to you with nada and you can't pick up a decent hand to fight back. Doesn't mean you have to pick this craptastic hand and run w/it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, this is more my question on the topic....i wasnt convinced i had the best hand with bottom pair no kicker, obviously, but i was more asking, do situations like these imply fighting back or are you continuously playing your most patient waiting game? now that i look back on it after it happening if i can assume hed raise me ill wait to hit a stronger hand and stack him that way, but i wasnt sure how most people would approach catching a piece of a flop after having this guy doing it over and over to you...thanks for the insight
Old 05-31-2006, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a worse ace? this is a low limit tournament mind you, it happens a lot more often than you might think.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think this has to be a weaker ace? And how often is it going to cost 2070 to find out? I also wouldn't be surprised to see total stuff like QJ here either. Early on in SNGs, I try to fold too much rather than make marginal calls when OP.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:34 AM

AJ - I've certainly made this push over the course of my last 2 sets. Not sure what the exact math says or anythin

AT - I call this, since SB has been wielding his stack around, you can expect to be ahead sometimes (A7, KQ, KT if ur real lucky...) pot odds aside. further, winning this would be real nice considering how the table is lined up...

25 - I would rather light a joint with a $20 bill than put money into this pot (no pun intended).

A8 - standard play for me. I kindof hate calling the turn, since it widdles my stack down I am a sucker for the draws so I call it. I bet t300 to lead the river, though checking is perfectly fine and may be better.